Lake Macquarie -Belmont Vint Van Getogether Feb 2021

reddo

Lake Macquarie -Belmont Vint Van Getogether Feb 2021

Post by reddo »

Hi All

A Vintage caravan gathering in NSW is organised for Feb 2021.

The Venue: Belmont Pines Holiday Park - Lake Macqaurie NSW

Dates: from Wednesday 3rd Feb to Monday 8th Feb 2021

Sites: 8 sites are booked ... "Lake view "sites 12,13,14,15 Plus sites 6,5,4,3..
All are in close proximity to the camp kitchen.

Prices vary from $49 to $57 per night

Sites 12,13 and 15 already taken.
If you are interested in coming along ....Google "Belmont pines caravan park" and select "Site Map" . Have a look at the sites available... select a site and contact the park to make your booking.

Contact phone number is... 02 49454750... mention "The Vintage caravan group" when making your booking.. a deposit of $50 will be require to secure your piece of paradise. Obviously people that have travelled long distances may want to stay on longer .. or arrive earlier, so please mention that when making your booking.

There is plenty to do in the region . thinking .. Lunch Saturday at Swansea RSL on the edge of the beautiful Swansea channel .. entrance to Lake Mac. Tour to Mt Sugarloaf - Sunday. . I will bring the 12ft tinny for anyone interested in getting out on the lake for a spot of fishing.. bream, Flathead, tailor etc.... or.. simply knock the lid off your favourite beverage and kick back and watch the sunset over beautiful Lake Macquarie

Please reply here if you are attending and simply state your name and site number once you have booked .??

Lets hope 2021 is a bit less stressfull than this year has been, and we can all get out and use our vans at events like this one .
Let the good times roll.

Reddo
jubbard

Re: Lake Macquarie -Belmont Vint Van Getogether Feb 2021

Post by jubbard »

howdy all

we're coming up to belmont so certain people won't talk about us face to face. (when i say people i really mean only one person whose name shall remain secret, JOHN)

we're booked in to site 5 from wednesday to monday and colin and sue are on site 4 from thursday to sunday.

geoff 'n jude

do you remember us - oh no, that's right, we've been forgotten because we didn't go to murrurundi.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hello Geoff and Jude....

Great to hear you guys are coming up to Lake Mac..

We now have 6 out of the 8 sites booked... 12 to 15 + 5 &4 booked ..leaving 6 and 3 ...with an option to use sites 1 & 2 if someone wants them.. but would have to book shortly as i promised the manager of the park we would get things sorted as quick as possible .

With regards to your concerns ....about "secret John"

Can fully appreciate your concerns ....
I have friends in low places who will "take care" of your issue with JOHN.
I am sure he will be a changed person when next you meet.
If he gives you any further grief , just let me know... we can arrange to take him "crabbing".. and check him each morning ;) .. then let the trap sink back to the bottom of the lake.......sorta like "sleeping with the fishes"

Cheers
Reddo
jubbard

Post by jubbard »

hi reddo

we couldn't get on site 6 because it was already taken but we don't know who has it.

about the crab pots, i know that they're scavengers but do you think the crabs would reduce themselves to eating the likes of john.

geoff 'n jude
Tooleyau

Post by Tooleyau »

Booked site 3. Will start saving my money for the Sunday pub raffle.

If we can't a pub raffle, Princess Fiona may be disappointed.

Reddy, you may have to do some research over the next t month or two and check out the surrounding pubs.

MT
jubbard

Post by jubbard »

hi mike and anne

i found the radio so i'll bring it up to belmont for you.

geoff 'n jude
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hiya MT

Yep, Yep.. i.m a sucker for a good pub /club raffle... spoilt for choice around that neck of the woods...
Gunyah Hotel about 500 yds North of the park
The 16ft sailing club use to have a good raffle on Friday night and again Sunday.
Swansea RSL is on the itenary for lunch on Saturday.. they are bound to have a raffle of some sort while we are at Belmont.....

Of course all of these places are still bound by Covid 19 restrictions ..and may not have any raffles . So.. we might have to buy a few snags .. a dozen eggs....and a kilo of prawns and run a rort... umm.... caravan park raffle ...and milk all the grey nomads of their stash.

Sssshh... keep it quiet ... dont wanna get caught doing anything that might bring the vintage caravan crew into disrepute... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reddovernout
jennison

Post by jennison »

Gday all
I'd love to come along(I already have that week off by chance :D ) but I have already promised to head down the sth coast with the missus in her(dare I admit this) new caravan :shock: :shock: :o :cry: :cry: I know, wash my mouth out with soap :?
I'm trying to plant the seed of an idea to swing a change of venue but if I do win that one you'll have to park me up the far end out of sight somewhere with the unclean
forever embarrassed
Jenno 8-)
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Jenno..

Your timing is perfect... no matter whether you bring an modern or an old van..
But i appreciate that negotiations have already taken place with " she who must be obeyed" .. and we wouldnt want to upset the applecart by changing plans. ..

Have noticed your suggestion elsewhere to have another Far South Caost NSW - Tathra vint van gathering... yep.. do it and the masses will arrive.

Meanwhile... Belmont 2021

Sites 12 to 15 taken. Sites 3 to 6 taken ... (unsure if site 6 is a vint van.??.. ) . However......anyone still keen may be able to slide in on sites 1 or 2 if they hurry and contact the park. We have one vint van booked on site 17 .??.. Perhaps they choose to be away from the rowdy mob a bit?.. or maybe because its a flat track around to the toilets from there ??...

Please note.. there is still plenty of Powered / Unpowered sites available in the park not too far from the sites already booked. So ... Please don't be deterred or think that you cant be part of the Vint van crew.... we are never more than a minute or 2s walk away from anywhere in the park...

Come on down
Reddo
mrfj55

Post by mrfj55 »

HELLO, 😁
SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT GET TOGETHER PLANED, LOVE LAKE MACQUARIE.
KATE & I HAVE BEEN THERE AND ITS A BEAUTIFUL SPOT, ITS LIKE BEING ON AN ISLAND SURROUNDED ON ALL SIDES BY WATER.

WE HAVE BOOKED SITE no 2.
FOR A WEEK
FROM WEDNESDAY 3/2
TO WEDNESDAY 9/2.

PET FRIENDLY IS A BONUS
SO WE CAN BRING OUR KILLER BLACK CHIHUAHUA,
SPEEDY.

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE BREAK AWAY.

CHEERS,
MAURIE & KATE.
😁