2020 - OTP East Coast Autumn Tour

reddo

2020 - OTP East Coast Autumn Tour

Post by reddo »

Hi Folks..

I suppose you have been wandering whats doing in 2020 for an East Coast Tour..

After some consultation with the regulars that go on these tours i have come up with a rough plan.
This years tour will focus on "Shorter Hops with longer stops ".
A mix of mountains and the coast.
We have been to every one of the overnight stops at some stage of one of the previous tours.. but there is no harm in dusting some of them off again. only this time we get a bit more time at each town to kick back and relax, Vegie out and enjoy each others company , etc.. .. or go see what the local area has in the way of tourist attractions.. interesting sites .. or good old junk shops etc.....

I haven't finalised exactly what parks we will be staying in ... but we will be sticking pretty much to the dates and number of nights stay in each town. in saying that we could shorten the nights stays at Tumut and Cooma by 1 night each...... but HEY whats the rush... and .. its a great part of the world to visit/revisit.

Tour will start on Monday 27th April . Finish Saturday 9th May.

Mond 27th .Day 1.... muster at Gunning Showground. overnight stay.
Tues 28th .,Day 2........Gunning to Tumut ....168K .. 2Hrs
Wed 29th.. Day 3 .......Tumut
Thurs 30th..Day 4........Tumut
Fri May 1.......Day 5.....Tumut to Cooma.......181K....2.5hrs
Sat 2nd...Day 6......Cooma
Sund 3rd....Day 7......Cooma
Mond 4th....Day 8......Cooma to Nelligen.....190ks...3hrs
Tues 5th ...Day 9 .....Nelligen
Wed 6th....Day 10.....Nelligen to Shellharbour Village Van Park....176K 2.5hrs ( do a 3 night deal with the manager)
Thurs 7th...Day 11......Shellharb
Fri 8th ..Day 12 .....Shellharb
Sat 9th...Day 13 ......Home

Total dist from Gunning to Shellharbour .. 715K
Travel time ( driving) 10.00 hours.. probably a bit more due to towing vans .

If you are interested and intend coming then please reply here .. or contact me via a PM .. or ...reddo952@bigpond.net.au

So..... thats where i am going for my" Pensioner status 2020".. run . You are all welcome .." come all ( limit of 12 would be good) or come none.". i will still be heading off on Monday 27th April 2020.

Cheers Reddo
philmac

Re: 2020 - OTP East Coast Autumn Tour

Post by philmac »

G,day Reddo
After bathing in the hot springs of the last tour the chance to cool off in the icy waters of the Tumut river
Beckons 🥶🥶🥶, any other icebergs out there? I,m in !!!
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Lady Pamela, Lowanna who`s relos come from the area and myself their driver will be attending.
Thank you all in advance for enjoying the pleasure of my company.

JD PSK :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Folks

We now have 6 starters for the tour.. plus one checking with his place of employment re time off in April/may next year.

Good to see JD PSK still speaks so highly of himself........i suppose someone has to ???

I will give things a few more weeks before contacting the following parks and try and secure a group booking rate and get all of us in the one area of the parks

Gunning .. Showground ... No booking required... I night

Tumut......Riverglades Caravan park.. on the banks of the Tumut river...3 nights

Cooma.....Snowy Mountains Caravan Park.....Not too flash but not too many van park options in that neck of the woods .... but does have a nice
woodpile ..opportunity for some campfire cooking....3 nights

Nelligen ... Big 4 van park on the banks of the ..Clyde??.. river .. 2 nights

Shell Harbour....ShellHarbour Village Caravan Park... absolute beach frontage park.... 3 nights

Thats it fa now
Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

Gday reddo, mate i am down to go to the nats BUT with my work things are looking increasingly difficult to take the two weeks off i would need to attend it. I am thinking that i might swap to the tour finishing up at nelligen instead so write me in please mate
regards
Jeff Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hiya Jeff..
Good to hear from you.
Look forward to catching up with the rest of the tourers in 2020.. we now have 7 coming along.

Regards
reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Good Morning Groovers..

The secretary at "L'air and De'Shonke" - Trading as "Reddotel Tours Inc " has been busy having dialogue with the good people at the various holiday dung mounds we are staying on during the 2020 East Coast Autumn Tour.

To ensure a hassle free holiday , and secure your little piece of paradise at each nights stopover i strongly recommend that you endeavor to comply with the following instructions A.S.A.P.. or at least no later than Christmas eve 2019.

OK.. listen up...
Gunning Showground- 27th April... Do nothing..Nix .. nought .. Zilch.. Just turn up.

Tumut Riverglades C.V.P.. we have 8 sites booked ... if you google the park and have a look at the park map we have sites No: 67 to 70 and 72 to 75
No deposit required. No need to contact them .. just arrive on Tuesday 28 April... sites with group booking cost $33 ea reduced from $36 /night.... DO NOTHING. DONT CONTACT THEM .... just turn up and stump up $99 for the 3 nights . Bloody bewdy mate !!..

Cooma Tourist Park... May as well call it "Coma Caravan Park".. spoke with the office types.. they have agreed .. a group booking would be OK..Arrive Friday 1st May . Depart Monday 4th .... but i had to email em all the info... Havent heard back???.. stay tuned.. DO NOTHING( BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T ) ... STAY TUNED..sometimes it takes a while to come out of a coma.??

Nelligen Van Park...Arrive Mond 4th May.. Depart wed 6th May.
8 sites booked 5,6,7,8 and C12,C13,C14,C15...$42 /night.. i originally had river front sites .. but when i mentioned "Fur childs " I was told we couldnt stay there .. and we where shifted to creek front sites ...The good news is.. they all have fire pits .. and 4 have ensuites. I am on site "14".. so.. again .. Google the park.. click on the park map.. work out your fav site ....and if you would like an ensuite site...then ring the park 1300784446....Mention "Vintage Van Group.. and my name ... " they are holding our sites until 24/12/2019.. so i suggest you get your skates on and book ASAP....

Shellharbour Village Caravan Park .. Arrive Wed 6th May . Depart: Sat 9th May. Sites $40/night. i have booked sites 24 to 27 and 37 to 40. I'm on site "40". .. You know the routine by now!!...."Google park.. Park Map.... Pick site.. ph 0242951123..Pay 1 nights deposit....Holding the sites until 24/12/2019..so.. leave your skates on and get busy on the phone... melt that credit card number NOW !!!..

Will let you know when the doctors have allowed the Coma park to get in touch with me....dont touch that dial.. stay tuned.

Reddo. C.E.O.. "L'iar and de'shonke Travel Agents"
Last edited by reddo on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Good afternoon Madam Secretary,
It gives me pleasure to see there is movement at the Shonk`s, even though with mixed results thus far.Having dabled in Tour organising myself I am only too willing to give advise to keep things moving along. The old saying ," I don`t want to hear about the labour pains just give me the baby" applies here. We the participants do not need to know the inner workings. We just need to see the swan gracefully moving on the pond, we don`t need to know that it`s legs are going 100 miles an hour under the water.

Very best regards PSK. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Waddya mean the graceful swan... its you guys with the flea bitten, 4 legged poo factories that cause all the grief for us tour organisers.. I find a piece of gods paradise to stay ... then the Landlord say.. "We dont take no mutts" .... and so... Paradise lost....then the process starts all over again..

I no complain...or as Alfred E Newman use to say "Wot me worry "

Will advise when Cooma wakes up.....

Yours sincerely
Madam@liarndeshonke'.com
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

once again ,more labour pains. :D :D :D :D :D :D