2020 - OTP East Coast Autumn Tour

jennison

Re: 2020 - OTP East Coast Autumn Tour

Post by jennison »

All booked for first week up to including Cooma. Work pressures mean I am one of those who will depart the tour from there.
One week is better than none😁
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Well folks..

Just over 2 months before tour kick off at Gunning.

Have contacted van parks and it appears as though everyone that is coming along has booked thier sites at Nelligen and Shellharbour... well done.
. I ma sure there will be plenty to keep us occupied while on the road and at each town ( and surrounds) that we are staying at.
If you know of anything touristy or..out of the ordinary worth looking at , please mention it while we are in that town.
Yeah.. i know i am suppose to dig this sort of stuff up myself.. but lets face it.. i am just plain slack !!!

Look forward to catching up with everyone soon.
Regards
Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

Still booked to go but will have to play it by ear it looks like I am up for a hip replacement around the same time...not confirmed yet, luck of the draw which comes first ;) :roll:
sunny62

Post by sunny62 »

G'day Reddo and fellow travelers,
Glad to say we are leaving Toowoomba on 23rd April and traveling to Mudgee for 4 nights before joining the tour at Gunning. Will head on to Tumut and Cooma then make our way back home. There is an air and car show on at Mudgee on Sunday 26 April that looks interesting so will get ourselves some tickets to that.
https://www.wingswheelsandwine.com.au/

See you all at Gunning.

Cheers John and Julie
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi John and Julie....
Sorry about the late reply. Have been away on a vintage motorbike rally since Thursday morning.
Welcome aboard the " 2020 Shorter Hops.. Longer Stops Tour". Glad to hear you are joining us at Gunning and tagging along to Tumut and Cooma... a nice part of the world at this time of year... but make sure you pack plenty of warmies.. the temp can dip very quickly in the Snowys.. day or night.

Catch up soon
Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

one thing for the coronavirus it may push back my hip op so I should be right for the tour. Less than 500 of us going is there Reddo? :D :D
Jenno :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Jeff..
Thanks for keeping us informed on whats doing with you.
I havent heard anything in regards to the Vintage Van Nationals being still on ... or cancelled... ??
We may get a few people that had planned to go there ,... but possibly considering grabbing hold of the "Tour Tail" and visiting us at one or 2 .. or maybe all of the destination stops along the way.

If anyone is considering doing this they would need to contact Nelligen van park and shellharbour village van park pronto , and let them know they are travelling with the vintage van tour.. book a site.. no garaunteeing that any sites are still available with the group ... but there may be a stray site still available in the park for them??

Certainly wont be 500....Happy with around a dozen vans on these tours.. As always its an event for those that simply cant afford to travel to the Nats or.. who have been there done that and are looking for a bit of an "escape" for a few weeks with their old vans and a bunch of happy campers.

Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

VV.com Nats have just been cancelled. Very sad news for DonR and all his helpers who worked so hard to organise the event. So... may pick up a couple of floaters now.....
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All..
With the situation and ongoing issues with the Covid19 Virus. The government is constantly putting tighter restrictions on what people can and cant do.. we have seen beaches , restaraunts , hotels ( eeeeeekkkk... oh noooooo.. ) and what they call no essential services closing down .. Social distancing.... self isolation.....we have to keep an eye on things to see how it effects us and movements around the state in early May.

Some states have indicated that they are closing their borders????... not too sure how the hell they would police that .. but NSW / Vic is still open from what i have heard.

As far as i can determine there is no restriction on travel as the servos are still open. I will ring a few of the parks we are staying at and get their words on what all this means to them... if there is a problem for us i will let you know here....

Meanwhile ... practice good hygene . stay safe, stay healthy.

Obviuosly if anyone feels that the risk of contracting the virus on the tour is too great, then please reply here with your cancellation and then let Nelligen and shellharbour van parks know that you wont be attending

For me ???... The 2020 Vintage van tour is still a happening thang !!!

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Tour is cancelled.
This years .. www.ourtouringpast.com East Coast Tour has been cancelled. We have held off making this decision in hope things re: Covid 19 Virus would be on the turn around by now. Will look at possibly running it through the same towns in late September /early October culminating in our arrival at Shellharbour at the same time as the Vintage van get together is held there each year.. mid October. ( probably being optimistic here ) Otherwise we will be on the road in late April 2021.

Both Nelligen and Shellharbour are happy to refund your deposits..
For refunds please email..
relaxing@nelligenpark.com.au ... arrival date was to be Mond 4th May
and
info@shellharbourholidaypark.com.au.. arrival date was to be ...Wed 6th May

Mention "Vintage caravan group.. booking cancellation "
Your name
BSB
Acc number
Contact phone number
You need to do this no less than 30 days before the arrival dates above..

Cheers fa now.. Reddo
Stay health, stay home, stay active