EH Ute...Towcar

reddo

EH Ute...Towcar

Post by reddo »

The D5N Dodge Paddy wagon has left the building .. gone out Dubbo way to live.....

Bought this from Corrimal / Richard Potter territory a month ago..

EH ute..
Rotisserie resto back around 2004.
Tiga Micra gold.. 186 / celica 5 speed......HR front end......Rodeo bench seat reshaped hinges forward to allow access to modified rear floor.. enough space behind seat to fit a suitcase either side.....
14 inch R.O.H rims with dragway centres
3;36 diff ratio
Zero rust and very straight
Drives nice
Shame about the el cheapo gauges and powder coating on all brightwork... but i can live with that.. its different and dont have to worry about surface rust on the chrome.

Been fiddling with bits and pieces to get it fit for towing duties..
DSCN6700.JPG
Didnt have a towbar .. but now it does.
Torno cover had shrunk .. so new one made and fitted last Monday..
DSCN6816.JPG
Battery had been shifted from engine bay to under floor rear left..
So have added a Redarc dual battery system and second battery to right side rear under floor.. has Anderson plug on towbar so drinks can stay cold in van fridge while on the tours etc. Also double 12V power outlet in back of ute for Engel fridge......The fuse Reddo.. dont forget the fuse !!!
DSCN6819.JPG
50mm lowering blocks thinned down to 35mm and Loadplus assist springs ( kindly donated by "strugglebrook John ") to lift and stiffen the rear end for towing duties. sits about 30mm higher than it did before..

Going to radiator shop on Monday for a flow test and flush on the radiator.. been getting a bit hot in city traffic....so could be an issue when towing .

Has the standard rear main seal oil leak just like the panelvan had 8-) ... Nothing too serious just pisses me off ..
Strugglebrook

Re: EH Ute...Towcar

Post by Strugglebrook »

I can just see you and the parot Macca formally known as Polly cruising the highways and byways. A bit of Chad Morgan on the wireless.

PSK. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

With the "Senior tour organiser" and Pam... formarly known as "Strugglebrook" .. out in front in his EHsedan with bathtub spats.. listening to Ma and Pa kettle , the country morning overnight obituary channel, and later in the day... the local vet sessions telling people how to keep their feral mutts from peeing on their mates car rims...
yep.. Yep... cant wait , cant wait.......... or perhaps maybe i can.??
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

That is so uncanny how you nailed it, currently training Rattcliffe for better coverage. :D :D :D :D :D

PSK aka Strugglebrook.
reddo

Post by reddo »

aaaahh.. thats excellent news.. at the moment he has been learning from his owner.. not a good look when its running down your leg .. !!

did i tell ya i bought an EH ute. ???
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Ladies and gentlemen, Bets are now being taken on if the ute will break the panelvan record.
I will start the ball rolling, No and 2 years 5 months. :D :D :D :D :D :D

PSK.
iluvans

Post by iluvans »

Less than twelve months. :D :D
iluvans

Post by iluvans »

.........but who am I to talk???!!! :o :o :o
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hello Strugglebrook

From the dictionary..
Sarcasm... A bitter or harsh decision or irony

From the reddotel book of comebacks..

Sarcasm....The lowest form of witt.. see also : "F.witt"

Also neither you or iluvans have put any money up yet .. so all bets are off.

Meanwhile... back at the ute.. Radiator is out , top tank off and getting a freshen up... if the ute is expected to tow a van on this years desert tour i will make sure that the radiator is up to the 40 degree drought days.
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Who`s Frank Witt ???? :D :D :D :D

Make sure you flush the Drivers tank too, last good flush would have been at Murrurundi . :D :D :D :D :D :D

PSK aka Strugglebrook :D