4th Annual Christmas in July in Murrurundi

reddo

Re: 4th Annual Christmas in July in Murrurundi

Post by reddo »

And..JD Dont forget...... BONUS ENTERTAINMENT.. we cant forget the inaugral "Golden Kazoo" Comp.. proudly sponsored by Tony and Janette..
This contest is tipped to become more famous than the lesser event held each year just up the road at Tamworth... Yep... it is my prediction that the "Golden Kazoo" awards will eclipse Tamworths "Golden Guitar"

Once word gets out that there is a huge trophy on offer for the best renditions of pop and classical music on the humble Kazoo ... welll... who knows... next year there might be 1600 vans onsite !!!!...just imagine this..... Kazooists coming in from all over OZ.....John Farnham might make his 56th comeback tour.... Elvis may rise from the dead to be there....Mick Jagger and the Rolling Kazoos ????.... The mind bogles...

Cant wait cant wait cant wait...
Seeya all there... oh.. and dont forget to bring your Chrissy decorations for the vans... :shock: :shock: :shock: 8-) 8-)

Redkazoo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Thanks for reminding me Mr Reddo about the Kazoo comp, very rude of me to forget. Chloe has discovered she is double booked so we now have
Naomi Walden heading our all star cast along with the artist formally known as Reddo his Macraw fomally known as Polly and now known as Macca and of course the soon to be world known Kazoo challenge.

JD :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Okay..sounds like you are all over it ....
However...
I gotta ask a coupla questions...

Q1: Will Chloes' mum still be coming along???....nothing sinister here folks.. but would have liked a chance to apologise for last years behavior !!
Q2.. What does Naomi Walden do as an entertainer.???
Q3... If formally i was know as Reddo.. what am i known as now??... :roll: :?: ... ummmm... best leave that one out...this is a family orientated forum.
Q4.. What is a Macraw ???

Also ...Rumour has it that will be an "Awards / Trophies " presentation sometime during both the Friday and Saturday nights entertainment. :D :D :D
All singing .. all dancing .. all kazooing..
All this in such a small camp kitchen....

The atmosphere will be electric... 8-) ... i am bringing an 11,000 volt cow prodder :shock: :shock: ...to promote active involvement in dancing :o :shock: :shock:

Yours truely
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Some answers for yours truely,
1. I would think Chloe`s mum will not be there this time as she runs her security.
2. Naomi sings and plays the ukulele that is all I know thus far.
3. Awkward one to answer as there were many names thown around. Goose is one that can be printed.
4. From the Parrot family , know to nest in Supalite caravans.

As it more than likely will be cold ,we will all keep warm in a huddle.
My advice on the prodder would be, one would need to be carefull as to using it as it could well end up being inserted into the prodders back passage.

JD PSK. :D :D :D :D :D
Janetteandtony

Post by Janetteandtony »

To All Our Dear Friendly Vanners
We are thrilled that Mr Redmond is pushing, proding and encouraging all our multi talented travellers for our Friday night spectacular!
To help with the electrifying evening we will bring a small PA and microphone so that the kazoo virtuosos can be heard over the din of the raucous crowd.
We know that you have all been practicing terribly hard and that some of our contestants are a little shy so Tony would like to offer accompaniment to all on guitar, so you won't feel lonely infront of the microphone and the huge crowd!
If you would like Tonys assistance please let him know, via a PM or on the Friday of the event, so he can also practice.
To make the evening a kazoo success you may even wish to play as a duo, trio, or quartet and dress for the part. Anything outrageous is acceptable....
This is an INAUGURAL event so history will be made! Who knows there maybe an international career awaiting our winner.
Keep safe, blow hard and good luck!
Janette & Tony
PS we have been in communication with Judge Judy and we are pretty certain that she would be open to bribes and incentives for a more favourable outcome of your performance.
We're growing older but not up!
reddo

Post by reddo »

JD wrote..
"My advice on the prodder would be, one would need to be carefull as to using it as it could well end up being inserted into the prodders back passage."
Sorry .. there is already a Kazoo stuck up there.. :shock: :shock: :shock: .. irrate neighbour didnt appreciate me practicing in the shed. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I didnt get of to a good start with the practice either.. i had been practicing on my .."oozak " .. yep... oozak.. as thats what it says on the instrument.. .. had been breathing in through the instrument and trying to make beautiful music... until i went on the tour.. Veronica the slice girl overheard the din coming from my van .. and told me the instrument was a Kazoo.. i had been reading the instrument name wrong all this time and i was meant to blow through it from the other end???????????... Since being set right on this issue i have come along in leaps and bounds... :D although .. just like before.. the noise still "sucks". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since reading Tonys comment about judge Jude being open to bribes and corruption i figure it would be more practical.. and less painfull ( abiet .. more expensive ) to all if i just offer her my wallet on the night. :roll:

Tony.. do not expect anything more than short riffs from me... your offer of guitar back up will not be necessary. in fact ... the riffs are that bad that people might be given some sort of confectionary reward from me, if they guess what the song is i am murdering ??

Meanwhile... HAVE YOU RANG AND CONFIRMED YOUR BOOKING??...
`
Reddontmissout
reddo

Post by reddo »

16 vans at Murrurundi last weekend..

From the North ( Brisbane ) came MaryAnne and Bob with their Olympic,.. and "Shut Up John and his wife( from Warwick) in the home made Teardrop From the west ( Narrabri ) came .. Alan and Gabbie Pym with thier Sunliner... up from down south ( Woolongong, Sutherland, Canberra ) came .. Phill and Veronica with the little aluminium van " cake stall". , Geoff and Jude in "The Ritz", Col and Sue with "The Egg" Sunliner, Shaun and Monica with the pink Sunliner, Michael and Anne in the 57 Bondy., Tony and Janette..Teardrop and a stack of us from the lower Hunter region.. Burnsey, Humptys, Dazza Smith, Martin and julie,, Me, .. and a string of others.. Al Franklin, ... and .. we mustn't forget the organisers... John and Pam from Strugglebrook with the '47 Hunter Minor.
if i have miised anyone.. i apologise

Cool cloudy mornings ... nothing below zero.. but overcast with a constant sou- easter ... gradually clearing during the day to those barmy winter days with sunshine ... and warmth if you coukld find a spot out of the wind.

But that didnt dampen the enthusiasm.

Outbreaks of happy hours no matter what the hour could be found around the vans as well as in the camp kitchen.. which proved to be entertainmant central of a night time.
By Friday arvo we had everybody on thier sites.. and the anticipation of the "Inagural Golden Kazoo Comp" grew with each passing hour... 7:00pm kick off... i was first up and gave.. what i thought was a pretty fair account of myslef with the kazoo.. which included .. The theme from the muppets, Munumana, The bananna splits song, Hey Jude ( Trying to win the Judge over here), Yesterday, Mickey Mouse club ... finishing off with Queens .. We Will Rock You" .. not easy playing a Kazoo while slamming the oven door ( Bass) and sliding the knife and fork draw backwards and forwards at the same time...in my enthusiasm i didn't realise i had bumped the gas knob on the cook top and allowed gas to escape into the camp kitchen.. luckily Carol the manager spotted it and shut it off.
A few other talented types had a go on the stage.. and i thought i was lookin pretty good for the trophy recipient... but alas.. along came John D and done a great job of "Elvis's Blue Suede Shoes " ...
Judge Judy declared JD the winner... and that was the conclusion of the comp... but not the end of the evening.. we had to celebrate the inaugral Kazoo comp.. so it was lights out much later that evening.

Saturday .. was clear and most people dissapeared off doing the touristy thing.
Saturday evening .. after a lot of happy hours around the park we assembled in the camp kitchen where young Naomi.. a local girl played guitar and sang for a few hours. During her break a couple of Awards where handed out by me.. Trophy recipients where..

Geoff..." 2019 best reversing effort"... Knocked over a clothes line at stockton while reversing
Veronica "2019 Camp Cake Queen".....Supplying rum balls.. vanilla slices and other culinary delights on every trip away
JD.. " 2019 Non reversing Champion"... where do i start??.. lets just say "numerous occassions "

##.. i am sure there will be "Get square with Reddo".. retaliation in the not too distant future." :D

Doug and Carol ( Park managers ) presented Col and Sue the "Best dressed van " award for 2019.. They really did put on a brilliant display of lights and characters on and around the egg van.. i reckon Phill and Veronicas van would have come a close second. A big "thumbs up " to Doug and Carol for doing the judging and supplying a present.. also a "Good onya " to all who made the effort to decorate thier vans.. this part of the festivities will only get bigger and better next year

Up early sunday morning.. i said my goodbyes to everyone and headed off home.. most of the crew stayed on until Sunday morning

Another great weekend.. with great mates... in a great part of thye country..
I will finish up with a big thank you to Doug and Carol .. also John and Pam for all thier efforts to ensure we had a great weekend.
I am sure everyone that was there will agree with me !!!

3 photos .. with more coming..
DSCN7131.JPG
DSCN7129.JPG
DSCN7127.JPG

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

DSCN7132.JPG
DSCN7133.JPG
DSCN7134.JPG
reddo