😎
jennison

Re: 2019 grab an opal tour.

Post by jennison »

I'm jealous already
Have a safe trip miners and keep the piccys posted
regards
Jenno
Last edited by jennison on Mon May 20, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philmac

Post by philmac »

Al,s got some great contacts! Turning into a shed tour.
philmac

Post by philmac »

Fat fingers!
Attachments
216F4110-3058-491F-88F0-A49AB4D4D60E.jpeg
B7B4247A-38DE-46A5-9856-38C88876AFB6.jpeg
6ACFDCD3-29D8-40AB-B11C-264A670E04F3.jpeg
reddo

Post by reddo »

A great 12 days on the road..
Murrurundi 1st night
Humptys, Me, Phill and Veronica, John and Pam, and Dave and Jenny with thier modern camper trailer along for the run as well ( peace of mind having late model back up with us).
To me this day was the highlight of the tour... a sight i thought i would NEVER see... .. John reversing his van....and... almost getting it right.. in the end it was a case of doing a loop around the park until he found a gap to drive through and pull onto his site...
A great arvo catching up with old mates over a few beers... just a few.

Day two and we where up early for a 9:00 am muster and set off for kootingal via Qurindi and Werris Creek where we stopped for a bite and a look through the Railway Museum.. a fantastic collection of railway memrobilia. Through Tamworth and on into Kootingal Caravan Park for the Thursday night stay,,Its a basic sort of park but the managers where excited to have us staying there and made us fell quite welcome....another extended happy hour and then off to the camp kitchen to cook up the evening meal.

I will leave the story at that for now...

You might ask.. where are the photos Reddo... you always have photos.???
The answer is.... i dont know!!
I came home.. hooked the camera up to the computer to download the 120 or thereabouts photos i had taken of overnight camps, Shed tours at Narrabri and Uralla, attractions like the hot water bores at Moree,Burren Junction, , The chamber of the Black Hand Opal Mine Tour, The clubs in the Scrub at Lightning Ridge, Humptys van tyre blowout near Collarenabri , etc, etc, .. I done the usual "Create a folder" in "Pictures" and ....instead of doing the usual "Copy and paste" to the folder i "Cut and paste" .. sat and watched while the download transferred each picture across to the new folder. When it had finished i clicked on the folder to check out the pix...... and... it was empty.???...... so... the photos are off in cyber land at the moment. Stuck somewhere along the way between Camera and screen ???. Gunna get my 6 year old grandson to see if he can sort the issue out... :lol: ..

Anyway... more on the tour later ....

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Well there we go again another Tour run and won. We all got there safely and got home safely. We did lots of stuff and we did see lots of stuff.
You can`t get any better than that.
Next onward and upward to Murrurundi for Christmas in July.
Hope to see you there.
JD. :D :D :D :D
jennison

Post by jennison »

Hows that six year old consultant going with the photo recovery Reddo?
I'm still hanging for the piccys!
Regards
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Jenno...
No luck mate.... off in cyber space now.. cant be retrieved...
I got my photo taken lying next to a carving in the sandstone of King tutankarmans tomb while down the Chamber of the Black Hand Opal mine... perhaps his spirit has intervened in some way and erased the images....
There was 8 vans on the tour... Phillmac took plenty of pix... perhaps he might throw a few up here for us...???

Still waiting on the owner of a sunliner we found on the tour to get back to me on an offer i made to buy it....its a roughy now.
Incredibly ... it was sold new to our next door neighbour when i was 7 years old. .. can remember getting in trouble off him for smacking a six stitcher over his fence and hitting the van ... more than once !!!!
Will tell ya how it took a path from where i lived back then..... to where it is now , next time i am yarning with you.... ;)

Reddo
philmac

Post by philmac »

Gday Jenno I will throw a few up for you seeing as though the official photographer has slipped up 😊😊😊
Attachments
Caravan park the ridge
Caravan park the ridge
philmac

Post by philmac »

I will try for a few more !
Attachments
Few hot spring water babies
Few hot spring water babies
We made it
We made it