2019 grab an opal tour.

reddo

Re: 2019 grab an opal tour.

Post by reddo »

A few days short of a month ago .....On the 12th November we recieved the following correspondence from Tour central...

" In the next week or so all will be revealed, well nearly all, "

Attention Senior Tour organiser.....As an avid vintage caravan tour enthusiast i would like to know what is to be revealed ... :?: :idea: :?: .

"As with the ducks on the pond all looks calm but our little paddles are going"

Hoping the carp havent eaten the little ducks legs off and some degree of paddling is still happening...??

Junior
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Pleased to see after almost a month we have your attention. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Ya gotta admit Mr Shopkeeper .. a month is a pretty "Rubbery " week in anyones language. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"We" have sat in silent anticipation... not wanting to Badger you... so i figured i would release the Badgers... :shock:

I am concerned about the ducks.. ???
Do they still have legs?
Are they still paddling?/

or
Have they gone belly up???
Are we still grabbing Opals??

So many questions.. so little information.....

I know things are dry out in the country but as senior tour organiser 1st class you should not be letting things get dusty....

We need to be informed of the latest developments...
Wots the matter " keeper of the ducks" ... is "Keeping them all lined up in a row " getting all too difficult :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Good morning fellow Tourerists and the artist formaly known as Reddo.
On the ABC TV tonight 830 Lightening Ridge is featured.

PS MR Reddo, everyone knows that the Weekly is now monthly.

PSK :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

So... Thats it..!!!! The annual autumn vintage van tour has been cancelled ???....and we are advised to take the "Vertual lightning ridge Tour " on television tonight.... ?????.
I know we have to move with the times Mr Stormy ... but HEY.. when to we get to tow our caravans down the real roads

I seen a similar show on "the ridge" the other day.. a four wheel drive Doco done a long segment ... looks like we will need a few days at least to check it out... being an "artist" as i have been described i liked the art gallery ... very clever painter.

GR
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Hello fellow tourorists, Phones have been rung and dates been put in place. Now listen very carefully I will rite it only once. Starting - May 17 2019

Inverell Caravan Park 0267223036 Friday 17th and Saturday the 18th.

Moree Gwyder Motel Caravan Park Sunday 19th PM me as they don`t like individuals from groups calling, I have 15 sites reserved with them. I have been asked to ring and confirm numbers 2 weeks out, we can each pay for our sites on arrival.

Lightning Ridge Monday 20th Tuesday 21st Wednesday 22nd Opal Park 0268294884

Burren Junction hot springs Thursday 23rd, no booking required as is free camp. Latest reports say ok , able to have camp ovens weather permitting.

Narrabri Tourist Highway Village Friday 24th Saturday 25th 0267921438.

Manilla Riverside Caravan Park Sunday 26th 0267851166 have only spoke to their answering service so far but am sure will be fine.

For those travelling from south to Inverell I have reserved 4 sites so far on Thursday 16th at Kootingal Kourt Caravan Park.

The count down has begun.

Junior Bator Organiser basking in the glory of the Master.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Dear Mr Snufflebrook.

I would very much be liking to come along on this tour with you and your friends ( all 2 of them ) .
For me to be enabling bookings of sites i require further information please.

When i speak to person on other end of telephone at caravan parks.. dos i need to mention i am be travelling with your van people..aka .. "vintage caravan group"??.. or similar catch phrase like "group booking" .... ........do i be mentioning your name for which the sites have been reserved in, so they can take your name off and put my name on a site ??

I ask this question because i am old an grey ,dithering... easily confused.. and react badly when information is difficult to process, doctor told me to try not to react badly.. not good for heart....also i have limited amount of sixpences to put in local pay phone ... so cant spend all day talking to people long distances away...i have a budget of 4 shillings and sixpence .. so timed / long distance trunk calls will need to be kept to a minimum

Yours in high anticipation
gLeNn
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Dear Glenn ,
Iwill type slowly for you.
You may want to stop at Kootingal on the way, I have booked booked a site for us and asked them to keep 3 more at this stage. Just give them a call and mention our name.
Inverell, Lightning Ridge and Narrabri I have booked 15 sites at each park and paid for ours to cover deposits. Narrabri is giving us a discout thanks to Al our man on the scene, just mention the tour.
Moree, are holding 15 sites till 2 weeks before for me. They do not want individuals ringing. When I have our number a couple of weeks out I will confirm numbers and pay ous as a deposit, then everyong can pay on arrival.
Manilla, we drove up there yesterday to have a look , old style park near the river. Present caretakers are moving on but will make the new one aware.
May is a usually a quiet time for them. We will sort on arrival.

Hope this helps, Glenn.

JD PSK. :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

I will reply slowly..

Kootingal 4 sites... You, me, Dr Phill, Humptys, Kaybees, chippydave, garwill, jennison... you add them up and get back to me .. i counted 8
As directed ...I will mention your name for that park...so that when we get there we will have 8 Johnies... correct !!

As directed ....now that i know who... or what to mention .. i will mention the tour to managers at ...Inverell, Lightning Ridge, and Narrabri

You have my name as 1 of the 15 at Moree.

Manilla.. managers leaving, but passing on info to new managers ... ummm.. i wouldnt trust old managers to do the reminders to the new managers.. it just doesnt happen.... :roll:

Thank you immensely for your clarification in this matter.

I will sign off now......slowly .
Glenn
smiles

Post by smiles »

Hello fellow travellers!

And a Happy New Year!

We are booked in to Inverell, the Ridge, Narrabri & Manilla.
Put our names down for Moree too please, Tour Director.

small print: we reserve the right to make an inspection of said facilities at the location known as Burren Junction and to amend travel plans by caravan coitus interruptus (aka pulling out at the last moment) if said facilities resemble the state last time we visited (that is: green slimy pool frequented by old whinnying Bogans).