Annual Stockton Getogether.

Strugglebrook

Re: Annual Stockton Getogether.

Post by Strugglebrook »

Very glad you are coming geoff`n jude, it will be good to have 2 more resposible adults to help baby sit the Redo person.
Rattcliffe will be in charge of marking his wheels.

PSK :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Janetteandtony

Post by Janetteandtony »

Good Evening All
Just a little note to let you know we are booked in for Stockton.
That is Layla, Janette & Tony!!!!!
At our last gathering, Shellharbour, it was mooted that we needed a challenge for Stockton. Janette in her wisdom suggested that we have a Kazoo challenge. After handing out several kazoos we noted some virtuoso performances around the van park.
We know that you will be saddened to hear that there will be no tofu challenge but we hope to see everyone who has a musical bent participate.
Looking forward to seeing you all once again.
Safe travels.
Janette and Tony
We're growing older but not up!
reddo

Post by reddo »

WHAT !!!!
Am i hearing you correctly??
NO TOFU......??
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bugger...
Thats it.. where is stockton van parks number.. i'm cancelling.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

But wait.. whats this i read .. a Kazoo Komp??...
Oh goody.. i wont be cancelling... just gotta work out how to hook up an amp to the darn thing...i can churn out an earbleeding version of "Smoke on the water " for ya's

look forward to catching up with you guys again towards the end of next week.
Reddo
philmac

Post by philmac »

hello all ,
well isn,t this getting exciting !!!! cant wait to hear reddo in full swing again so we have decided to take advantage of
the 4 nights for 3 and will be there on thursday t catch his warm up performance :geek: :geek: :geek: i have a feeling
it might be all downhill from there !!! see you all soon
phil and veronica
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hello beautiful people..
Have been back over the posts and have counted 5 attendees...?/
Numbers seem down on previuos years... not that it matters.. we always have a good time..no matter what the numbers..
But.. i was wandering if anyone else has booked and havent mentioned it here?
Perhaps i should wander over to the internet fence an have a look in the other sites paddock ??? Might be a few starters there??

Desperately trying to get a towbar fitted to the new towcar.. I have the fabrication shop across the road making the mount brackets .. also going over to a blokes place at Belmont Nth today who claims to have a towbar to fit the ute.. so..the clock is winding down and nothing in between car and caravan yet.

looking forward to catching up with the crew...See you all there around lunchtime Thursday... i would go over earlier ... but from memory you cant get onsite until 12 ish.

Cheers
GR
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Dear MR GR,
We have on the books 6 vv and 1 modern that have reported in, hopefully there are are a few more out there.

Safe trip, we will be there bright eyed and bushy tailed Thursday morning.

JD. PSK. :D :D :D :D :D :D
jubbard

Post by jubbard »

howdy all

well, we're back from stockton beach after a great 5 days with good friends.

we spent most of the time telling yarns, laughing and having a few beers.

at great expense, john had organised for the "empress of the seas" to sail into newcastle harbour sunday morning and leave late sunday afternoon, it was a spectacle to see it sail into harbour and when it left, they fired 3 cannon shots from fort scratchly 'over it's bows".

the weekend started badly for us when i ran over our neighbour's clothesline while reversing into my site costing me $60 to replace but it finished much worse after an incident on the m7 on the way home.

we were following two 4 wheel drives along the motorway at about 95k's, they drove over a large piece of granite that had fallen from a truck and was sitting in the middle of the lane.

because of their height, neither had actually touched it, but the commodore being much lower was immediately going to be in trouble.

there was nothing i could do and no time to avoid it so over it we went, much crashing and banging as it bounced and rolled under the car.

nothing seemed to be wrong, the car was still driving ok but we stopped at the next truck layback to have a look underneath and saw a few sratches and dents underneath but nothing serious so we decided to continue on home.

moments later the engine management light came on and the computer told us to check the engine so we pulled into the next truck layback and this is the result.

(the blue heeler breed continues to survive.)

waited about 2 hours for the truck but he bought us back home safely so that's good, we thought.

gunna take it up to get the computer checked tomorrow find out what's wrong.

because the wagon was a bit sus, our neighbour offered to back the caravan into it's spot and while doing that backed it into our front stone wall and smashed the left rear clearance light and damaged the left rear corner of the van.

we left stockton at about 10am and got home about quarter past 5, all in all though, it was a great weekend.

geoff 'n jude
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Geoff and Jude..
Bloody hell guys... you must be cursed..
Only bright side to all this is things happen in "3's" .. so hopefully today will be a bit more Rosey...
or ....
Perhaps the wicked spirits have another 3 lined up for your entertainment today.
Hope nothing too serious with commodore....??

Yes... it was a great weekend with great mates...met a few new ones that are keen on coming along to Murrurundi later in the year.
Weather was a real mixed bag with light N.E winds, then southerlies.. then rain .. then a perfect day on sunday for the big ship to come in ..

Numbers where down on previuos years but that meant that everyone saw a lot more of everyone else than you normally would with a large group...
Big thanks to John and Pam for organising another great weekend..Veronica for what seemed like a continuos supply of rum balls and vanilla slices.
Good to see Michael and Anne do the long yards from down south and Alan and Gabby come down from Narrabri with there sweet sunliner and a nice original HR Prem sedan.

We where reminded on arrival to keep things packed away or chained up .. the local thieves where active at night.. Johns esky was stolen along with 2 or 3 others from around the park. JD got his esky back .. sans the contents. They made an attempt to lug my engel away but it was chained to the van and they fell around the annexe knocking poles over.. i heard the noises but nodded back off to sleep... found the carnage the next morning .. but nothing damaged or missing...bastards..

I cashed in all the cans and bottles yesterday and collected $23.70.. a bit short of last years $38.50.. but not a bad effort for around 12 people... i am sure everyone will stay in "training " for the next 12 months and see if we can better this years total.

Hope everything works out ok with the wagon Geoff and Jude... one of those unavoidable incidents... let me know if the neighbour needs new teeth or money to get his broken nose reset...

Photos of the weekend coming later .
Regards
reddo
jubbard

Post by jubbard »

howdy all

just got back from having the car on the hoist and it's all good.

as the rock passed through, it hit a rear oxygen sensor that made the "check engine" caution come on in the dash.

it's getting fixed tomorrow so $100 or bit more sorts it all out.

caused a few dents and other damage but nothing worth fixing.

geoff 'n jude
reddo

Post by reddo »

Aaaaah.. a sigh of relief is heard across the shire.
It could have been worse... i think those commys have an alloy sump.. they dont dent when you run over something.. just crack.

On a brighter note.. Here is some happy snaps from around the traps on the weekend.
DSCN6705.JPG
DSCN6704.JPG
DSCN6703.JPG
More soon..