Viscount Valiant - Re-purposed

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
reddo

Re: Viscount Valiant - Re-purposed

Post by reddo »

Whack.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..
Aaaaahh... just one hit und heir redperson is snoozin like a baby.....
Give him to more hits nurse.....
But doctor...??
Dont.. "But doctor " me .. jist whack him again....we wants ta make sure he doesnt come around vile verking und his legs...

Whack .....whack Double zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Steel...check
grinder...Check..
welder check...
Grind ... fizz.... curse .. swear..
Und Bingo.. all done .. close up for me nurse..

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. 2 hours late i wake up in da recovery ward..
Look down .. and bingo.. i'm back on 2 legs again..
ma heads a bit sore n sorta splattered .. but it was all worth it.
DSCN6514.JPG
DSCN6515.JPG
DSCN6516.JPG
Thanks doc....
reddo

Post by reddo »

Ok .. enough grovelling around underneath..

I feel the need... the need for sawdust again..
So... back up inside and out with the plywood.

New bench along right side took a few days to sort out... always does when you haven't got a clue what is needed /no plan... :roll: :?:
So i figured i would need somewhere to put stuff beside the bed head.. then i would need somewhere to sit and eat.. so i would need a table... but the table had to fold out of the way so the bike could fit in??....maybe a bit of storage for pots n pans, butane BBQ, tupperware containers... that sorta stuff??..

:idea: ..All come together oK in the end.. starting to run out of scrap bits of ply and 50 x 12 meranti etc,./.. so ... just scrounge around and make do...

Things sorta started to fall into place... 8-)
DSCN6545.JPG

Once i had it sorted .. i then clad the table and benchtop with some of the left over diamond pattern aluminium i used on the left side benchtop..
DSCN6548.JPG
Then made some legs for the hinge up table....Only about 15mm x 12mm square extruded aluminium but they sit into small timber sockets on the floor and support the table well.. the sockets stop some clumsy oaf from knocking the legs sideways while sitting eating at the table. The legs hinge up inside the table when the table folds down against the bench.. table is swung on a piano hinge .. nice and solid...but still light weight
DSCN6549.JPG
Next task is an overhead shelf back on the left side from above the door to the back wall ( above the sink and fridge ) :D I dont know what i will store up there ... just feel i need another shelf... perhaps the toaster and jug can live up there... plate rack....scotch bott.... ummm... no :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the bike club mates called in the other day.. he is a floor tiler / carpet layer.. he was chasing a part for his triumph.. we went in the shed and scrounged.. came up with what he needed... he was stoked.. saved him a few bucks.. we got back to looking at the van .. he noticed the floor was bare timber... long story shortened.. He has enough industrial lino to cover the floor ... its on its way .. and .. with a bit of bribing ( alcohol or maybe some more bike parts ) i reckon i can get him to fit it in the van for me.... just hope the lino aint purple or lime green.... :o :shock: :o

All good in "the yard of invention.". no room in the shed for this project. ;)
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

It will be your favourite, black and white squares. :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

I finished off the overhead shelf and mounted it up above the sink.
Coat of blue paint ... all done
Next challenge was finding "Stays for 3 of the windows..
I rang the local van repairers.. 250 mm stays are about $26 ea .. so 4 would cost me roughly what the van is worth..
so... off to Bunnings to walk aimlessly up and down the aisles looking for spilt onion rings and a horizontal Mundine. :shock: .. and some sort of gadget to hold the windows open..

Then Like Mike Nelson on the 60s TV show "Sea Hunt" .." suddenly i saw it !!!!!..".( have to be over 50 to appreciate that sentence)
Thats it.. 1 metre of 10 mm x 2 mm flat aluminium bar
1 metre of 12 mm x 4 mm aluminium box section.. enough to make 4 struts.. total cost $9.80
DSCN6551.JPG
Cut to 250 long.. drill about 6 holes 25 mm apart then tap a 3/16 whitworth thread through each hole as well as one half way along the box section completely through to the other side of the section.
DSCN6552.JPG
Slide one gizmo up inside the other. drill an offset hole in the box section to secure it to the angle on the window frame. Drill a hole in the top of the slidey in and out thingo and pop rivet that to the window extrusion..
Make up a knob with about 30 mm of 3/16 whit thread stickin out of it...
Pick what angle ya want the windo open at....Wind the thread through one of the holes to hold at the desired angle
All done finished..

\
DSCN6555.JPG
( Reddotel Sussware patent pending )

Repeat 3 more times.. .. saved $90.. total time taken .. just on 2 hours....
Yipppppppeee.. i now have $90 to spend on beer...
Another quality product from the Shed of invention :D :D :D :D

Its that easy to do .... why even a half baked turbine fitter could make em !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Next exercise is flyscreens... gunna havta be a big one for that back door........hmmmmmm... Back to the shed...
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Well done, by an unbaked electrician lollypopper. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PSK Half Baked.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Left side is getting close to finished.
Fly screens , tea towel rail, shelf above bench, even found a bar runner and a number plate to wack up there... started finding a few motorvike signs and have been shuffling them around the walls....
DSCN6556.JPG
finished off two small cupboards beside the fridge.. bottom one will house the battery sitting on the mudguard frame..
DSCN6557.JPG
Ran 2 hoses from left to right rear side under the van.. one for the water tank.. other is there for when i get around to setting it up with a mains pressure tap over the sink and maybe a tap back right corner and one on the drawbar.
Big hose is grey water to bucket for now.. Will shop for a long convoluted hose to run to the waste water drains in the parks.
DSCN6561.JPG
Enough room to fix the winder handle for the rear stabiliser legs as well....
more pix coming....
reddo

Post by reddo »

BSA Bantam points cover, Authorised Matchless Dealer , Triumph badge in the middle..
BSA sign and Norton Club "Private Event " sign up front..
DSCN6558.JPG
Right side is getting close to done as well...
Norton "copper " mirror and 1930s Norton Timing chain cover ..
Ariel motorcycles tin sign ...
I've got a stack of old M/cycle number plates that might find their way in there yet ??
DSCN6559.JPG
Hey.. ya gotta remeber what this thing was built for .... 8-) 8-) 8-)

Found a 45 degree bend and managed to move the water filler hose closer to the wall... frees up a bit more space in the back right corner.. probably end up storage for 2 deck chairs .. that will double as "dining room furniture " later on..
DSCN6560.JPG
Lino has arrived... Hospital grade......PURPLE AND GREEN ... :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ... must have been earmarked for the vomit ward !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :( :( :( :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll:
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

What a shame, I knew you had your heart set on the black and white chequer. :D :D :D :D :D :D

PSK.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Strugglebrook wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:25 am What a shame, I knew you had your heart set on the black and white chequer. :D :D :D :D :D :D

PSK.

Yep... i shopped everywhere for "Coco Cola".. and ... "Betty Boop" lino too.... I just cant believe that its that hard to come by... yawn... :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
reddo

Post by reddo »

Slowly .. Slowly .. the do do builds his nest...
Spent a few days in the stinking humidity laying the lino on the floor and in all of the cupboards,
Also manage to fit the 2 tie down anchor points in the floor for the bike up the front... and .... get the layabout electrician to fit the new 15A power inlet at double pole ELCB circuit breaker... got the power on...without any smoke, electrocution.. and flame..... lights working.. fridge running... Beer getting cold... life's good.
DSCN6564.JPG
Ok .. so i am colour blind .. the lino looks purple and green to me... that was after about 12 stubbies... i realise now that its marble grey....
The line across the floor down the back is because the lino is double thickness on the back 500 mm .. :idea: i figured that the bike tyre might do a bit of screwing around when loading .. so i double the thickness.
Might end up with a big non slip rubber mat on top of that as well...
Lino will be easy to mop up oil leaks.. of which i am sure there will be a few???
DSCN6563.JPG
Only 2 - 240 v lights inside and one on the outside near the door.
next job will be fitting a battery and charger in the cupboard next to the fridge...

After the bad experience with the drapers who made the pure Australian cotton curtains for the "Rosie Van" about 8 years ago...by bad experience i mean $350 to make curtains to fit 2 windows approx 2ft square . :o :shock: :shock: ..
I struck on an idea.... :idea:
While scrounging around the Reject shop i found "Ready made curtains"... welllll.. almost ready made cotton curtains .. 6 for $5.00 measurements are 65cm X 45cm.. almost spot on for a 90 cm x 45 cm Qualcraft window... 8-) 8-) 8-)
So i bought 12 of em. :D .. after the housemaid seamstress finishes sewing a hem on 8 of em to threadle the spring wire through, i will still have enough left over to use as tea towels.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DSCN6562.JPG
Massive thunderstorm hit at the end of the day.. sat in the van with the bilge pump at the ready... not a drop anywhere...

One happy backyard camper.