Shellharbour 2018

This is the place to post a story and photos of your recent getaway in your Historic caravan.
reddo

Re: Shellharbour 2018

Post by reddo »

Ok .. Shellharbour part 2..

Around lunchtime Friday my new neighbours Phill and Veronica arrived in their latest aquisition towing the little alloy van...
A very nice 1930 Chev coupe... 350 chev /auto / jag front and rear ends.. there is something about a fully fendered 30s car that says "class".
DSCN6443.JPG
The poor thing got its wheels driven off on Friday arvo... plenty of test pilots and wannabee passengers.. so both Phill and Veronica spent a few hours taking joy riders for laps around the park and main drag.. Veronica handles the car well... up until its time to reverse it.. then she gets "Strugglebrookitis".. a phenominum we have seen many times when J.D is faced with the task of reversing the van onsite ???????

After setting up , we settled down to a few drinks and caught up with whats been happening in the world.
People started arriving on the green for the arvo Sausage sizzle..A great arvo and a great way to break the ice for those attending their first V V weekend.. 8-) 8-) 8-)
DSCN6447.JPG
Light became night and the crowd slowly dispersed off to bed.. some of the stayers adjourned to the camp kitchen for more frothies.

Up early again on Saturday morning.. grabbed the fishing gear and back onto the rocks... the usual rubbish was there to greet me.. pickers.. snags .. but again i managed to score a passing 'Tourist fish"... a Red Mowong around 2.5kg...not normally caught off the rocks.... Thats lunch sorted... :D
DSCN6461.JPG
Took a run down to kiama... after listening to ken koala talking about the different ice cream parlours around the traps i decided it was time to go check a few of em out..
End result was a Double Boisenbury swirl in a double cone.... Yummo.

People spent Saturday out around the garage sale trail and the local council plant nursery annual sale.. i picked up a couple of shrubs as peace offerings when i get home from yet another trip away without the missus.. :roll:
Sunday was a laid back day with spontainious breakouts of afternoon drink sessions up and down the streets...Ken gave us a cooking demonstration with his new weber-Q.. a roast chicken was sweating it out with a thermo probe up its rear end.. apparently ya dont open the webber until the digital display gadget is showing 77... i wasnt there to see the end result ??? ..., but i didnt see any mushroom shaped clouds of burnt fowl later that day.. so all must have been good ??

Another early night Sunday night for me.. lots of car and bike mags to make the eyelids heavy.
Was good to be able to pack the annexe up Monday morning without dodging rain etc.. uneventful 4 hour trip home..although the Dodge does tend to wander about on the road..Have found someone who has 7 new old stock Dodge pitman arms.... and have ordered one.Hopefully the next trip will be a bit "straighter" .. ??

Anyway......another great week away with great friends.. just like to thank Jude for all her efforts in sorting out sites etc.. well done Jude.. Thank You..

I will post photos from around the camps shortly..
Reddo
Last edited by reddo on Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
reddo

Post by reddo »

some shots of the vans
DSCN6453.JPG
DSCN6454.JPG
DSCN6451.JPG
More to come
reddo

Post by reddo »

a few more..
DSCN6431.JPG
DSCN6434.JPG
DSCN6432.JPG
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

few more...
DSCN6437.JPG
DSCN6457.JPG
DSCN6452.JPG
reddo

Post by reddo »

The last..
DSCN6450.JPG
Ok Ok.. I just had to get one of Phill and Veronicas Coupe with my van in the background.. so i can fib to people about it being mine !!!
DSCN6459.JPG
Thats it from me.. its over to you..
Reddo
griffin

Post by griffin »

Nice work as always Reddo, looks like it was fun and not a cloud in the sky.

George
philmac

Post by philmac »

g,day reddo ,
great reporting as always and i think you may have taken the title of the new doctor after diagnosing the severe case of
strugglebrookitis. i didnt know it was that contagious!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jubbard

Post by jubbard »

howdy all

don't forget, today's the day hollywood john is programmed to make his international television debut on sydney weekender.

sydney weekender is on today at 5.30pm on Channel 7 in Sydney and across NSW & the ACT, so make sure you tune in, record or see it on catch-up when you bother to get around to it.

geoff 'n jude
jubbard

Post by jubbard »

howdy all

a bit of sad news for hollywood john (or maybe now only bollywood john), his moment didn't make the cut and ended up on the cutting room floor. i guess that this means cobber still holds the hollywood title - well defended cobber, i didn't know you had that many contacts at channel 7.

the good news though was that sue was well seen sitting on the doorstep of the colourful expanda van and gabby and alan were spotted mulling around their open annex.

the drone view spotted nearly everybody's van but you'd need to stop, zoom and use a really good imagination to justify bragging rights.

geoff 'n jude
reddo

Post by reddo »

Thats terrible news.. :o
John didnt make the movie scene ??

Hours spent trying to get his lines right.. and his hair parted straight.. before realising he hasnt got any :lol:
At least 1 x 500 gram tin of body filler and 2 dozen icky off pimple pads troweled onto his head to make him look like Bert Newton.....
John was left sitting in the one spot for hours while the rest of us where obliviuos to the fact that the Sydney Weekender crew where on site.
and...
what did he get....??????...
nothing..!!!!

..... just tumbleweeds and crickets.
Never mind Strugglebrook .. looks like its back to Hollywood 7 for another spell.... Stockton aint that far off.. maybe get your dial on the small screen then ... :?: