Shellharbour 2018

This is the place to post a story and photos of your recent getaway in your Historic caravan.
philmac

Re: Shellharbour 2018

Post by philmac »

jeeeez reddo grab a beer and relaxxx mate can,t a bloke go on holidays holidays once in a while ??? ithought i would have some quiet
time to prepare for the hard work in murrurundi !!!! thanks to richard for responding and further to your question ....no .jamberoo
is the only car show on and the swap meet you are refering to is no longer running as i was told they make more profit selling
sausage sammos at bunnings !! go figure , i didnt realise it was all about the money :lol: :lol: :lol: anyway just chill and we will discuss
this condition of yours and others i am sure in 2 weeks .
regards dr phil
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Dr Phil can I have a couple more of them platic thingies please.

PSK, :D :D :D :D and no relation to that Reddo individual. :D :D :D :D
philmac

Post by philmac »

gday john yeh no worries 2 only ? same size as the last one or double width? see ya in 2 weeks
phil
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

3 please, same width. :D :D :D :D :D
Ticko

Post by Ticko »

Hi Jude

We will be there friday till monday and you were talking about moving us into the back row near Reddo and Phil.

Regards
John & Lynelle
philmac

Post by philmac »

g day jude
sorry got carried away with reddo earlier but phil and veronica will be there friday to monday thanks
reddo

Post by reddo »

Just wandering if anyone has come up with this years Shellharbour foodie challenge....????
jubbard

Post by jubbard »

Hi All,

I haven't updated this thread for a while as I am trying to get sites sorted , unfortunately we have lost two waterfront sites permanently due to a tree branch falling through the roof of a van - sounds familiar 😄🌲 . Garry and Fran, I have sent you a PM as I haven't been able to contact you on your mobiles.

Judy ( Ken and Judy ) has asked if any ladies would be interested in a show and tell craft morning , sounds like a great idea to me.

Ok now I need the brains trust to help out here, last year we had the famous scone challenge and it was lots of fun , what can we come up with for an afternoon of fun this year . It has been suggested to have another scone challenge , a cake cooked in your barbie challenge, a combo of both or any other ideas welcome . It was a great way of getting everyone together and the park has said they are happy to do another sausage sizzle for us on the Saturday night .

I have had requests from people to move sites , I can only do this if the " owner " of the site choose not to come or do a swap .

Can I ask everyone to call the park on 4295 1123 to pay your deposits and let them know which days you will be there so they can re let the sites .

Looking forward to your suggestions and input to help make this year lots of fun.

Jude and Geoff
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Judy

Thanks for opening the lid on the Shellharbour cook off comp again..
I figure a pizza comp would be good again. Can buy the bases in park office... not as messy as messing with flour / dough in a scone or cake /scone cook off ???

Shame about tree branches falling...but .. thats camping.. or should i say caravaning... i didnt know they had possums with a chainsaw acreditation at Shellharbour.???

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.. Its springtime.. and with that comes the rains..
Yep.. Just like clockwork in it comes.. our very first east coast low for the season...... over 50mm of rain dumped on Sydney and surrounds overnight...
Strong winds.. temperature drop..

Hmmmm... must be time to start packing for Shellharbour >??

Just like the migratory mutton birds that fly from Syberia to the south coast of australia to breed each year , We caravanners gather at Shellharbour.. to rekindle old friendships and tune up our camping skills.... hammering annexe pegs down .. lacing annexe walls against the cyclone force winds.. huddle behind brick walls to enjoy a couple of coldies of an arvo.. rug up and do the "Dunny 500 sprint" during the night...

Why.. why.. oh why do we do this ???

Given that none of us go swimming at this time of year why not move the weekend back into the winter a bit?? Might be colder... but maybe .. just maybe the weather would be a bit more stable??..

Xmas in July at Murrurundi could be moved back a bit into May ..and renamed "Mayhem in Murrurundi .. in May "

Reddo