3rd Annual Christmas in July at Murrundi

Janetteandtony

Re: 3rd Annual Christmas in July at Murrundi

Post by Janetteandtony »

Good Evening Everyone
Tony and Janette will be there and looking forward to catching up with you all again.
We know you all thoroughly enjoyed our tofu treat and we have another wonderful "Tony & Janette's" delicacy for you all to try.
Safe travels and we shall see you all in July.
We're growing older but not up!
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Tony and Janette
Pleased to hear the teardroppers are coming up to Murrurundi..
Can you add rum or wine to whatever "delicacy" .. you plan on inflicting (ummm serving ) on us this time... :shock:
Will have 2 effects.. one to numb the taste buds.. one to numb the senses so we dont feel the cold..

Yours sincerely in all culinary delights tastings
Reddo
Janetteandtony

Post by Janetteandtony »

Dear Mr Reddo
We have had the gnomes and the trolls working very hard down in the 'Hall of the Mountain King' caressing and nurturing, with beautiful harmonic tones, the bountiful bulbs that have emerged from our garden this year. Like a product of the angels this has produced a delicacy that you will not be able to resist and after satisfying your palette you will fight the urge to croon like them ... (am I ever going to see your face again!!!!!). Banjo solo from a great little plucker like you?????
Tony (and Janette)
We're growing older but not up!
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Good morning Murrudinians,

The young lady that played and sang to us last year will be doing so again from 7pm till 9pm on the
Saturday evening. Her name is Chloe Hall. Very much looking forward to another night of easy listening.

JD. :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Janetteandtony wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:14 pm Dear Mr Reddo
We have had the gnomes and the trolls working very hard down in the 'Hall of the Mountain King' caressing and nurturing, with beautiful harmonic tones, the bountiful bulbs that have emerged from our garden this year. Like a product of the angels this has produced a delicacy that you will not be able to resist and after satisfying your palette you will fight the urge to croon like them ... (am I ever going to see your face again!!!!!). Banjo solo from a great little plucker like you?????
Tony (and Janette)
Dear T&J

In other words... ya gunna make me eat magic mushrooms(Bountiful bulbs that have emerged from our garden).. and then i am gunna get off my chops ( fight the urge to croon ) .... and pick up my bandolin and shred my fingers on the razor wire you installed on it....
Nup... i think i will elect to stay away from the vegan delights and eat bovine and stay on the planet for the evening... dont wanna wake up in " The Hall of The Mountain Kings "...with Jeff St John :lol:

Dont forget to bring your Christmas lights and deccos everyone.... we can create our own fantasy land without brewing up and consuming magic mushies . :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Great to hear that Chloe is coming back for an encore too..
See ya there next Thursday.
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

OK everyone, only a couple more sleeps before we all transend apon Murrundi caravan park for the annual Christmas in July. As always hosts Carol and Doug will make us all most welcome. Last tally was 18 sites booked and a few cabins ,some by car club people to check out our pride and joys and hopefully get the old van bug.From Thursday arvo I will have a pot of stew or soup on the stove in the cosy camp kitchen which everyone is welcome too. We have entertainment on Saturday night from 7 til 9 with Scone lass Chloe Hall singing up a storm, if you were there last year you will know she is pretty darn good. Murrurundi has 3 good pubs for counter lunches a great park where if you are keen you can thread the eye of the needle walk for a great veiw of the area, likewise back down the road at Burning Mountain. There is a good tourist centre with cafe and shops and gallery around town.If you are into tarten the Highland Games are on at Aberdeen on Saturday, look up their web site if interested. There is also many drives such as out to Nundle or maybee Quirindi to Bob`s Shed or the rural museum. Wingen where ther is a big Antique and old wares store. You can do all these things or be like me and sit around and relax and drink beer and tell yarns . Remember the older we get the better we were. As always the vintage caravan retorer and purveyor of old pommey bikes formally known as Reddo will be holding court.

PSK and junior organiser JD. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Have a look at the Murrurundi weather forecast, if you are not booked in, jump on that phone and book, we will see you there!!

Only one more sleep for us. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Have just arrived back at work, thanks to everyone that came hope to see you all again next year at the 4th annual get together in Murrurundi.

JD. :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Well .. Thats another Christmas in July done and dusted....
And what a great weekend it was too..
About 20 vans attended..
Arrived Thursday to a light Nor wester that gradually wound itself up for most of the weekend..
Copped a storm on Friday night which tested a few annexe pegs .. but otherwise the weather wasnt too bad... cold mornings clearing to sunny days.
Every arvo saw the traditional laying on of cakes, scones, all sorts of nibblies in the camp kitchen. Followed by lashings of all sorts of soups and stews for dinner.. and the obligatory drinks... but i wont dwell on that too much..
I sorta overindulged on the scotch saturday night while we where being entertained by the young , very talented Chloe Hall on Guitar and doing a great job .
Everyone done plenty of sightseeing and junk shop hunting in between just kicking back and catching up with old friends and new back at camp.
Even a couple of new K9 Puppy tourers as well... Rob and Cath with "Scoot" the wirey Jack Russell .. full of beans ... and "Coco" a small black furbag Staffy.... both adorable little hounds...
On the other end of the hound scale there was the seasoned campaigner ...Strugglebrooks "Ratty"... poor old mate is lookin grey in the face and was doing it a bit tough in the cold weather . even with his sports coat on he looked cold.

The Zepher club turned for the weekend stay in the cabins 4 cars ...Mk3s and Mk4s .. plus an older roundy job with a V6.. sorry i aint no Zephr expert.. photos later..( as well as another club member in a yellow Valiant wagon with vintage van).. i think we may have a few more V Van converts amongst them ... ??

Monday rolled around all too quickly and it was time to say our goodbyes and head for home.

A very BIG Thank You to John and Pam for their tireless efforts over the weekend ... The food and entertainment was top class.

Also like to thank Doug and Carol our hosts for making our stay enjoyable and donating the Vintage Van Cushion to the best decorated Vintage van.. this was judged by Doug and went to old mate in the yellow Valiant wagon with aluminium van.. congrats guys. your van looked great

On a slightly sader note:... Dougs wife Carol has just undergone a major operation and was unable to leave the residence / office over the weekend. Doug says that Carol is on the mend and should make a good recovery.. we all wish her well mate.

I managed to get a few pix over the weekend.. will post 3 at a time over the next few days.
DSCN6119.JPG
DSCN6120.JPG
DSCN6121.JPG
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

DSCN6124.JPG
DSCN6125.JPG
DSCN6126.JPG