2018 Autumn Tour....The Bigger Than Texas Tour.

reddo

Re: 2018 Autumn Tour....The Bigger Than Texas Tour.

Post by reddo »

Hey You...
Yeah ..YOU
Have you booked your site at Cedar Hills Park yet ??

Whats that you say?/
YOU HAVENT

Do you really want to end up stuck down the other end of the park between 2 late model 30 foot monstrosities :(

No??..
Ok then get your act together and do as the Kamp Kaptain Kris has suggested and get your booking sorted ..
NOW

Thank you for your attention.. we now return to normal transmission,,, :D
Col

Post by Col »

Thanks Reddo, a timely reminder.Col and I have been a bit distracted from VV matters recently, but we will be doing a survey trip before Christmas to check out a few unknowns for the first couple of days of the Tour, and as soon as we have them sorted we will give you all the complete itinerary
One of the unknowns is.........where will we be living :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: ., coz this just happened last week.

reddo

Post by reddo »

Oh Great..

So now we have a couple of homeless people organising the tour...
Thats a good thing.. 'cause Gypsys are natural tourists. :D :D :D

I dont envy the task of moving all your goodies to wherever the new Chez Kaybees may be.
Even if you moved next door it would still be a mamoth task.. :o :shock:

I hope all goes smoothly and you settle in a nice area where "Medium density cluster housing " doesnt appear in your area for 100 years.
Its a real bummer when the quiet leafy outer suburban street you have lived in for years starts to turn into one big housing complex thanks to developers... :(

The Tour...
Had a look at the link you provided in the first post for Nowa Nowa van Park...looks like a great little park.. and i hope it stays on the final itenary... 8-) 8-) 8-)

Reddo
Col

Post by Col »

Well, that is one of the things we need to clarify..........https://www.realestate.com.au/property- ... -125609034
Col

Post by Col »

And NO... we are not buying it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Col

Post by Col »

Hi Tourists, Col and I have now spent some time on the road checking out our planned route next April, we have contacted all the parks and think that we now have it all sorted, so could you look over this and confirm by sending us your email and mobile number via PM please.

Friday April 13 2018

Meet at Nowa Nowa Caravan Park 7 Hall Rd Nowa Nowa 03 5155 7218
Helen and Neil have the park for sale, but have booked us in as a group and will pass the booking on to the new owners who are expected to take over mid January, at the moment no need to pay but that may change later, we will keep you informed as to the cost .

Saturday April14

Travel to Sale Sale Showground Camping 2-8 Maffra-Sale Rd. 03 5144 6432
Bonnie has booked us in, pay on arrival, cost unsure due to upgrades going on but expected to be $25-27.
We will travel to Sale via Bruthen ,where we join the Great Alpine Rd to Bairnsdale, then C106 via Bengworden and Perry Bridge to Sale.Total 121 Km

Sunday April 15

Travel to Glen Cromie Park 850 Main Neerim Rd Drouin West 03 56268212 Karen has booked as a group, pay on arrival, I will confirm cost when I check with her in Feb/March.
We travel via A1 and M1with some stops along the way. Total 133Km

Monday April 16

Travel to Warburton Holiday Park, 30 Woods Point Rd Warburton, where we will be for three nights. Phone. 03 5966 2277
We have a group booking pencilled in, sites are $42.00 per night, if we have 10 sites taken there will be a 10% discount applied.Please call the park ASAP to confirm and pay a deposit, Col and I are on #12.
We are travelling off the main highway today, we go on C425, not far to travel but changing terrain and one steep downhill that will make for a leisurely cruise
.Total 70 Km

Tuesday April 17

Sightseeing around the Yarra Valley or not...as you want

Wednesday April 18

Same again, perhaps a visit to to Col’s workshop..while we still have it.

Thursday April 19

Travel to Yea Riverside Caravan Park 1 Court St Yea 0357972972
We have a group booking, under either Kris Bates or Kaybee’s Tour, please call Cherie ASAP to secure booking, we have a group discount making $31.50 ?
Cherie will also need the length of your van, but I don’t think that we have any goliaths travelling with us LOL.
We will travel via Healesville, Chum Creek, and Toolangi to join the Melba Hwy B300 to Yea. Total 97 Km

Friday April

Travel to North Cedars Holiday Park 170 Bowser Rd Wangaratta Nth, where you should have already confirmed your booking as per Aug post, but Erin told me this morning that so far only 6 have contacted her. Ph 03 5721 5230

We travel Via B300 again, maybe picnic lunch at Lake Nillahcootie after feeling the serenity at Bonnie Doon. Total 163Km

So that’s it , over to you now, we have some interesting and perhaps not expected things to see and marvel at on our travels, and you may get to visit our new home,which will be somewhere in the area we travel through on Sunday.

Cheers, Kris
Last edited by Col on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hiya Kris

Thanks for all the effort in getting the Caravan Parks and Showgrounds organised for us.
Always a bit "Iffy" trying to get the managers to understand that we are coming in as a group and prefer not to have large white modern vans stuck in between us.... but as we all know the managers are reluctant to shift someone who is onsite before we get there and has booked in for a few weeks.
Thats understandable ... none of us would like to have to pull up stumps just because a bunch of blow ins have arrived on the scene.

I just googled the Warburton Holiday Park... Their phone number is... 03 50662277

I drove through Yea on Thursday... it looks to have a great little main street. Will be nice to have a wander around the town.

Will ring the parks and confirm booking / pay deposits later today.
Cheers
Reddo
philmac

Post by philmac »

gday kris
thanks for the info , phil and veronica have rung the parks and are ready to go
but the fun and games have started already ;) ;) ;) reddo has give everyone a bum steer on that phone number ,
it should read 0359662277 for warburton holiday park . have sent you the pm but not sure if it went thru
as it said message sent but my computer come up vital error so let me know if its no good .
thanks again phil and veronica
Col

Post by Col »

Ha Ha, that proves the point that when things go wrong, they really go wrong :oops: Thanks Reddo, and thank you Phil and Veronica, I have now added the correct contact number to the post.
P & V your message did come through, I logged on to answer it , thanks for your email address, and Col and I are both looking forward to travelling with you guys again, but he said to tell you that no work has been done on our other van yet, so the Hawthorn is still in use.

KB.
humpty

Post by humpty »

Tried 3 times to PM you KBs but got a 'fatal message'.....anyhow all is good this end, have booked at Wang and will do the others soon.
Regards Pete & Denise