FX/FJ Holdens in art.

Interesting information and photos of the legendary FX and FJ Holdens.
griffin

FX/FJ Holdens in art.

Post by griffin »

Hi Holden lovers

The title sounds a bit posh maybe for FX/FJ Holdens but they have found their way to being copied in various art forms :P The concrete FJ ute garden ornament springs to mind for one :|
At the local Vinnies shop the other day I found this wall clock with an artistic representation of an FJ on it :) It's about 28cm x 22cm and from what I can gather the metal artwork is pewter (or an imitation of it) infilled with enamel and mounted on a piece of plastic with a frosted glass appearance. The flash photo doesn't really do it justice. I snapped it up for $10 and thought it might look good as the wall clock in the Debonair but its too big to fit between the cupboard doors :?: Anyway, fitted a battery and it runs like a clock :oops: and makes a nice addition to my den.
Pewtees FJ clock-c.JPG
A sticker on the back gives a web address of http://www.pewtees.com.au and when I checked it out they have all sorts of similar bits and pieces but no FJ clock shown, only flowers, Opera House etc for $25, so I actually managed a bargain for a change :lol: :lol: There is an email address for enquiries.

Then I remembered our trip to the Easter Show at Homebush last year. The first time since it moved and my first visit in over 20 years :!: It wasn't the fun it used to be when I was a kid :( but I did find some interesting bits in the arts and crafts type exhibits. One was a cake in the shape of an FJ :shock: and I had to take a picture, even though I'm not really into Holdens :P What a shame to cut it :cry:
2009 Show exhibit- cake icing..JPG
I dare say there are lots of artistic things that have used the FX/FJ for inspiration, anyone got any to add :?:

George