16ft Bondwood- Newcastle

For Sale and Wanted of Historic Caravans or Early Holden Items.
reddo

16ft Bondwood- Newcastle

Post by reddo »

Hi all
I currently have my 16ft Bondwood for sale on ebay.
I think all you need to know is in the description.
Happy to answer anty questions about this great old van..
Here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :MESELX:IT
Hope it works.
Reddo
Richard

Re: 16ft Bondwood- Newcastle

Post by Richard »

Hi Reddo.
This is one nice looking van and would come up a treat with a bit of work.
Good luck with the sale.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Reddo's van is still for sale. The ouside needs a bit of work but it will be well worth the effort once it is brought back to its former glory.

Click HERE for the link.

Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Yo...
Van is now relisted on ebay.
$1000 no reserve. $2500 buy it now. 7 day auction.
I cant stand to see it sitting in the rain.
Rather loss dollars on the purchase price than to see it down the yard .. cold, wet and miserable.

Its gotta go before the Royal Society for the Preservation of Bondwood Caravans sees me neglecting it and sacks me as Pres..... ;D ;D

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All

Well.... It looks like i am destined to restore this big van.
It has had 2 runs on ebay and.... although it drew a lot of interest from a lot of people , no-one actaully bid on it.

Since the auction ended i have reshuffled a few things around in my sheds and the big van now lives in the carport with "rosie" the 9'3" bondwood.
The big van is 4.6 metres long in the body plus another 1 metre anbd a bit of drawbar.
It fits neatly into the 6 metre long carport which affords it just enough protection from the elements.
While the carport is not the perfect work environment for a van restoration ( has only grass and dirt floor ). It will be better than slinging up tarps to keep me and the van out of the elements.
Rosie is easily moved out of the way. So i will concentrate on the left side first. Once that is repaired i will move the van out.. spin it around and repair the right side.

My biggest challenge will be the roof which is made of "Canite". Almost all of the canvas blew off the roof on the recovery mission. Very lucky none of the caneite decided to blow off on the highway as well.
Once the 2 sides are tidied up I will strip the roof of any remaining canvas and check the condition of the canite. refix and repair where necessary...
I have read through Richards "How to recover a canvas roof". He makes it sound easy.

Might have to shout him an äll expenses paid ( beer/ food/ accomodation in a luxurious plywood caravan :lol: ) weeked at my place so he can oversee/ help me with the roof.
Anyone else that will work for beer and a BBQ is also invited ;)

Anyway... Thats it for now. Another resto in the "carport of Invention" is on the "To Do " list for 2010.
Finished by Coledale.. :?: .. I very much doubt it. :roll: :roll:

Reddo