Coledale 2009.

Richard

Coledale 2009.

Post by Richard »

Well, a couple of weeks ago Linda and I attended a Historic Caravan get together at Coledale on the NSW South Coast. It was a weekend away organised by Geoff and Jude from VC.com ( and thanks for another great weekend Jude ) although the expected number of vans attending was nearing the 50 mark, there was a fair few that pulled out at the last minute, but there was still a good roll up of about 35 vans.
The main event for the wekend was a fundraiser organised by Jude to raise money for breast cancer and I think around $700.00 was raised over the weekend.

As usual I did a quick whip around with the video camera and you can see it on youtube on the following link.

Coledale 2009
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: Coledale 2009.

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard and Linda.
Yes... another truely enjoyable weekend at Coledale.
Weather was kinder than in previous years and....... although numbers where down , there was some quality restorations and a lot of new faces in attendance with thier vans.
This event is the premier vintage caravaning get together in NSW and i am pleased to be part of it. Each year since 2005 we have had a fundraiser of some sort and we have raised over the 4 years in the vicinity of $2000 for worthwhile charities etc.

If anyone reading this post is considering getting involved in the vintage caravaning scene , then i would highly recommend getting along to Coledale 2010 and chat with the owners of these magnificent old vans. Information and advice is freely given ... and.....once hooked on the hobby you will never look back. ;)

Reddo