Our Le Bubble

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
LeBubble

Our Le Bubble

Post by LeBubble »

Hi,
we have just purchased a "Forster" caravan. We believe it is actually a gracemur - built in Bundaberg late 50's. The original owner Peter and Polly. P & P owned the van for 28 years before we bought it last week.
It still has the orginal stove in it. How do we obtain a gas safety for it when the stove does not have a compliance plate?? It would be nice to keep it as it still works quite well.
Does anyone have any experience with the tubular chassis and independent suspension?? This will require work in the future, although will pass a safety cert. now. Our main problem are the trailer brakes - frozen and the bushes are totally gone. Any ideas?? We live in North Queensland.

Mike and LeeAnne
Richard

Re: Our Le Bubble

Post by Richard »

Hi Mike and LeeAnne.
I am not real sure about the Gas Certification as I have had a few vans done in NSW and the stove has never been a problem, although I did have to have a gas lamp disconnected once as the on-off knob wouldnt pass.
As for the brakes and suspension, it all depends on how "handy" you are, it may be a better option to have a mechanic look at them. I replaced the bushes on a Sunliner last year and all I did was take the bushes out of one side and have new ones made to suit. I opted to do one side at a time so that if I had any problems putting it back together I could use the other side as a reference.

Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.