Ourtouringpast.com has its 1st Birthday.

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
Richard

Ourtouringpast.com has its 1st Birthday.

Post by Richard »

Well who could believe it, the ourtouringpast.com website has had its 1st birthday. I have been so very busy over the last couple of months with work, it nearly went by without me realising it. Over the last year the website has progressed nicely but I could not let this milestone pass without thanking my wife Linda for getting me motivated to get the website up and running, and for her help and support over the last 15 months from the planning stage till now. I also could not forget to thank Michael from “Suspended In Time” for the website design and for his technical support.

There is so much that goes on behind the scenes of a website, we have assisted with hundreds of enquires from people about their vans. We have helped a few people in purchasing their 1st Historic Caravan and even had to give advice and information for a court case involving a Historic Caravan. In saying that, Linda and I aren’t the type of people to spend hours on the computer “talking” caravans. We would rather be in the shed working on the restoration of these vans (I am not sure if Linda finds this part enjoyable, but I do) or best of all getting out in this big beautiful country of ours travelling to new places and meeting new and old friends. It doesn’t matter where you go in a Historic Caravan you will always have a audience with a question or two.

With the addition of the Forum it has give me somewhere to store a huge amount of History on early caravans, thus making it available to people to help with identification and restoration of their own Historic Caravan. It is also where like minded people can chat, offer advice and share information. I would like take this opportunity to thank the people that have taken the time to sign up as a member of the ourtouringpast.com forum. We thank you all for your support.

So we are looking forward to another rewarding 12 months and beyond.

Richard and Linda.

B'Day Cake..jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
michael
Site Admin

Re: Ourtouringpast.com has its 1st Birthday.

Post by michael »

Richard,

Good to see a year come up. Hope there are lots more to come and that the site keeps growing (I'll keep giving you the room for it).

Love the cake.

Michael
franklyn

Re: Ourtouringpast.com has its 1st Birthday.

Post by franklyn »

Hello Richard.
Congradulations on your first year, and I for one would like to thank you and Linda for starting such an informative website :D :D untill I found this website I didnt realise that there were others out there that had an interest in old caravans like you and I .
Keep up the good work and I look forward to finding out more bits and pieces on old caravans.

Frank and Lyn.