Cessnock swap this weekend.

reddo

Cessnock swap this weekend.

Post by reddo »

Hi and Hello to all the our touring past members.
Just a quick note to say that Cessnock swapmeet is on this weekend.
I am taking the chev and TD .
Drop in and say g'day of you are up there.
Hot cuppa or a cold beer on offer if you call in.
Might see you there
Reddo
Richard

Re: Cessnock swap this weekend.

Post by Richard »

Hey Reddo.
Would Loooooove to go to Cessnock, but I have been on too many caravan outings of late and my jobs at home are starting to pile up, and Linda is starting to crack the whip.
Cessnock is always a good swap meet, so have a good weekend.

Richard and Linda.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: Cessnock swap this weekend.

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard.

Cessnock had the biggest attendance of sellers i have ever seen there. The place was almost full by late friday arvo.
Howling southerly came up about 9 pm. i had tied the bootlid on the TD in the half open position so it couldnt flip over in the wind and still allow some light out the back where we where celebrating happy hour(s).. but a sudden burst of wind ripped 2 tiedowns off and the tailgate/ bootlid flip over 180 degrees. The sound of the cracking timber was sickening to hear.

Inspection on saturday morning revealed the damage was not as seriuos as i first thought. It didnt damage the hinge but cracked across the middle where it is weakend by the screws in the cross bracing. .. Lesson learnt. close the bloody lid when the wind gets up!!!!

Sold a few hundred dollars worth of early Holden bits on saturday.. Then blew it all on a set of Portawalls for the FB Holden Panelvan. Got em fitted today. I know these things arent everyones cup of tea, but they really look "Old school " on the van.

I am all swapmeeted out now and i am looking forward to catching up with you and Linda at Kendalls Beach in September and Coledale in October.

Until then... stay safe .. be happy
Reddo