Shellharbour 12th - 19th October 2022

jubbard

Post by jubbard »

Hi all,

We had a computer crash and I lost all the info for Shellharbour and I finally spoke to the park today to catch up. All sites that paid a deposit last year are safely booked, I am waiting for the park to confirm names and site numbers.

The park said they will be updating pricing after the end of June and will email everyone to ask for part payment in July. When you ring to make payment could you please also let the park know how many nights you will be staying as all sites are usually booked Wednesday to Wednesday.

I started a Facebook Private Group today to maybe make it easier to communicate ??? It is called Shellharbour Vintage Vans 2022, I have sent invites to people I am friends with on FB and members can invite friends to join.

More info as I gather it

Jude & Geoff
jubbard

Re: Shellharbour 12th - 19th October 2022

Post by jubbard »

Hi,

I have had confirmation from Shellharbour that everyone’s sites have a deposit on them and are there waiting for us in October. All the regulars and a few new faces are booked in, 35 vans at this point .

No need to do anything until mid July when the email detailing the new prices goes out. :D

Jude
reddo

Post by reddo »

Thanks for the update Judy.
35 vans is a good roll up.
Wouldnt it be nice to have a week of great springtime weather....??... Here's hoping we do.

In the mean time ... hows about everyone think about what we can have as this years "Challenge".
In the past we have had pizza cooking, Camp cake comp.....both have been great fun .. although there was a degree of "Cheating" uncovered in a few vans and annexes during the preperations. :D

Looking forward to another great week catching up with old friends and meeting new ones with thier restorations / old vans.
Always a good time no matter what the weather.

Reddo
jubbard

Post by jubbard »

The caravan park have sent out emails with years pricing and dates . If your dates are not correct please call the park on 4295 1123 and let them know what dates you will be there.
If for any reason you need to cancel your site could you please contact me first so I can put a vintage van on your site , that way we will all be together .
Stay safe and stay dry
jubbard

Post by jubbard »

Hi , time for an update .

As most of the regulars attendees know we don’t organise any events while we are at Shellharbour except a sausage sizzle on the Saturday night . In previous years the caravan park have supplied the sausages , bread etc but the new managers haven’t committed yet. I am happy to get all the supplies if everyone is willing to throw in a few dollars . We can sort that out once we are all at Shellharbour .

There are quite a few places of interest around Shellharbour for those who haven’t been before or aren’t familiar with the area :

Hars Aviation Museum , Albion Park
Australian Motolife Museum , Kembla Grange
The Red Hot Sounds of Summer Tour will be at Kiama Showgrounds
The Seaside Markets are advertised to be on that weekend , will confirm closer to the date .
The villages of Berry , Gerringong, Robertson and Kiama are all close and the new Marina at Shellcove is open .

The caravan park have sent out emails re payments so please make sure you have paid in full at least a few days before you check in . Please call the park on 4295 1123 to arrange payment

See everyone soon

Jude & Geoff
reddo

Post by reddo »

I visted the H.A.R.S the first year we all stayed at Shellharbour. Its a facinating place and i'm keen to go again.... and then.... there is the ice cream shop at Kiama.... which i have visited at least 4 times .. each year i have stayed at the van park...............................................what ??.