Propert 70th Anniversary Rally.

Richard

Propert 70th Anniversary Rally.

Post by Richard »

I had a visit and chat with Glenn today re his Propert and he mentioned that this year will be the 70th anniversary year.
So we both were interested in an anniversary rally and Iam just putting it out there if anyone with a Propert caravan would be interested in a get together at a caravan park ( yet to be decided) later on in the year?

I know one location wont suit everyone but ideally it would be in a central (ish) location for most to attend, so can we have a show of hands and where are you located?

Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
vintagefarmer

Re: Propert 70th Anniversary Rally.

Post by vintagefarmer »

Would love to be a part of this. The closer to Echuca Vic the better as i don't think the EJ Wagon would make it to central NSW.
Leo123

Post by Leo123 »

Sounds like a great idea. We'd be interested later in the year. We are based in NSW, near Newcastle.
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Sounds like a great idea.

Regards,

Brendan
Richard

Post by Richard »

I have made some enquires as to the Propert 70th anniversary get together and I have had request to search from Perth to Sydney. :D :D
To narrow it down I tried around the Victoria/NSW border and didnt have alot of luck as most parks have bookings, which would mean we were all split up. Some didnt allow pets.
Some would not let the interested public in to have a look.

So in keeping with my idea of supporting the smaller communities after bushfires and Covid etc I made contact with the park in Gundagai and they were very welcoming and offered a 10% discount if we had 10 or more bookings.

We are looking at the weekend of the 22nd of October 2022.

Once I have everything sorted with the park I will let you all know how to book.

Cheers.
DingosBreakfast

Post by DingosBreakfast »

I’m interested in somewhere on the east coasts

Marty
Richard

Post by Richard »

Propert 70th Anniversary Booking Info.

Sorry for the bit of a delay but we have had to deal with a bit of a Covid outbreak. LOL

So we have a booking for 10 vans at this stage at the Gundagai Tourist park. I have booked 10 of the drive through ensuit sites just in case the weather isnt fine.
To book you need to ring the park direct and let them know you are making a booking for the vintage caravan get together on the 22nd of October. They will also ask for a credit card to confirm the booking. Now you are welcome to also book in for more days before or after the event, eg. we will arrive on the friday and leave on Sunday.

https://www.gundagaitouristpark.com.au/caravan-camping/

Looking forward to it.
Cheers.
Richard.