2020 replica project... yet again.

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
reddo

2020 replica project... yet again.

Post by reddo »

Hi...

While all the drama has been going on with the Covid 19 lockdown i have been doing a lot of "screen time"...looking at the usual .. cars, trucks, bikes, hot rods... old vans.. van parts.

I had no intention of starting another project until i spotted a complete new build rolling chassis on FB .. East Coast hot rods , cars etc..in QLD..

The story so far...
Took a trip up to Nerang QLD on Monday. Collected a van chassis from Retro Caravans - Gold Coast. Brendan and his offsider gave me a hand to load it up on top of the Hilux. Drove back over the border to Chinderah for the night , Up early and rolled in home yesterday just after lunch.

Spent this morning the chassis off the ute with the 80 year old chain block.. still as good as it was back then.. Got the chassis of the ute and on the shed floor .. flipped it over and fitted the wheels and jockey wheel to it. through a light board on it and went and got it weighed.. .. 260kg in its present state. Will try and keep the replica body light and stay under the magic 750kg all up.. after that the rego gets steeper in NSW.

Still not sure what layout inside... always like front kitchens...and a couple of single bunks.. maybe even end up with a door in the back again for the Norton or Velocette to come on holidays when its finished... All the bits and pieces I have scrounged off old vans over the years will come in handy.. It wont be a genuine vintage van but will have the same rounded shape as the 60s vans... and... .. a lot better than hacking up a good old van and building yet another coffee truck !!!

A bike club mate has told me about 2 olf vans up in the New England District.. bit cold to go shopping in the frost .. so will leave them until springtime.
Also .. finally caught up on the phone with a bloke i was yarning with 3 years ago at a bike rally. He has an old bondy he wants gone from his barn near Kew... another road trip in a few weeks..

Also... gunna have to finally come out .... a mate has a Beautiful Kennedy ... and ummmmm .. and he is selling it shortly and ummm... i.. ummmm.... oooh no i cant say anymore .. its just too damn embarrassing.... i havent bought it .... Yet.

Got a stack of photos.. but i am being told they are too large.. working on it !!

Reddo
griffin

Re: 2020 replica project... yet again.

Post by griffin »

Buy the Kennedy Reddo, you know you want to :lol: :lol:
Geo.
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Still waiting.
PSK. :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

I will have a look and see if i can find anything here on the forum about how to minimise photos. I use to be able to post about 3 at a time.. then that reduced to one.. i have a new camera and i cant load one nowadays. No problems with loading pics on other sites like facebook etc. ??

GR