2018 Autumn Tour....The Bigger Than Texas Tour.

philmac

Re: 2018 Autumn Tour....The Bigger Than Texas Tour.

Post by philmac »

couple more fond memories of the great reddo and his beloved panno
Attachments
DSCN6431.JPG
DSCN6365.JPG
DSCN6420.JPG
Dave

Post by Dave »

Great photos. That was definitely great tour and pleasure to be part of.
I drove 7 hours from Wangaratta to Ulladulla. It was the first time I towed a vintage caravan and truck down the Clyde mountain.
Hung out in Ulladulla for a week with beautiful weather.
Thanks Col and Kris for organising a memorable tour.
Chippy.
jennison

Post by jennison »

Great pics there people. Caught up with some of you at Wang all too briefly. Looking forward to the next tour. Any ideas where it my roam been raised yet?
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

H Jenno... good to see you at Wang for a short chat. There was a bit of talk about next years tour.
Possibly retracing part of the first tour out around Dunedoo, mudgee etc.. lots of ideas tossed up in the air.. nothing has come down as yet..
Will probably get some seroius consideration at Murrurundi and Shell harbour gatherings ;later in the year..

a few more happy snaps from North cedars van park - Wang
DSCN5919.JPG
DSCN5926.JPG
DSCN5922.JPG
reddo

Post by reddo »

Elderado gold dredge
What a massive man made structure.. Floating on a pontoon
Took 670 kilowatts to operate it.. dredged up 2.2 tonnes of gold during its working life.
DSCN5930.JPG
DSCN5933.JPG
DSCN5935.JPG
Last edited by reddo on Sat May 05, 2018 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
reddo

Post by reddo »

We... The Strugglebrooks... Smiles... Phillmac.. and me.... left Wangaratta Sunday morning and traveled up the Hume to Holbrook for a mid morning stop at the Submarine park .Nice break and a chance to sample the Holbrook Pie shops offerings.. Nice !!
From there it was northwards to Gunning showground for an overnight stop.

The customary few arvo beers .. then an early evening meal before everyone went off to bed early when the cold night air moved in...
Thick fog on Monday morning delayed our takeoff for an hour or so..
DSCN5936.JPG
DSCN5937.JPG
Good run home..
Thats about it from me...... Just like to thank Kris and Col " The Kaybees" for organising a great 2018 Autumn Tour. I thoroughly enjoyed the sites and the sights....most of all .. thoroughly enjoyed catching up with great mates ...
I look forward to doing it all again soon.
Reddo
Col

Post by Col »

A big hello to all the tourists, you probably haven't realised it, but today marks two years since you all checked out our new property while on the tour.A lot has changed since then, so as I sat here in isolation because of the virus I thought that I could add a little to this thread to show some of our progress.

There will be some caravan content :lol: :lol:

We started with a big back yard with lots of trees around the fence line, so that was the first job.

We removed a lot, but kept this one.

Looks a bit bigger than I expected :o

Told ya there was Caravan content.

The shed build went really well, 12 weeks from signing the contract to being able to drive cars, and vans, into it.During the build we had concentrated on moving all the house stuff, and cleaning up the existing workshop, so as soon as the shed was up we seemed to spend everyday driving up the freeway or packing/unpacking trailers.By Sept 2018 we were all moved, lucky that we had had 12 months settlement.

It has taken a while, but we now have some gardens , with flowers for me, and some garden art for Col.

Inside we have been able to have some of our stuff from Croydon, but not much , or any really, of the 50's era, it is still all in a spare room, awaiting it's fate :(

The picket fence and gates that separated the asphalt area from the back yard had to be removed for the shed build, so Col re cycled them to give us drive way gates, perfect. :D

Thanks for looking, apologies to anyone that wasn't on our 2018 Tour, but I hope that we can do something again once the world gets back to business.

Kris.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Col and kris

Good to see somebody still knows how to access Trodlers forum. There has been a mass exodus to Facebook and "Messenger" over the past few years....me included.. but i still find the forums much easier to find info and old posts as compared to Facebook..

Sorry i missed the "Bigger Than Texas" starting grid back in 2018 , caught up with the touring types at Warburton after the Kaybees yard n shed tour .
Can understand wanting to get the trees back off the fenceline.. dropping branches as well as the fire risk having them to close to the shed and house .

Your yard looks beautiful . lotsa cool stuff and plants as well.. ask Col what fertiliser he uses to grow all those flourishing rusty wrecks.???

I would imagine that shed would be full of ongoing projects ... and not much space left???.. The bigger the shed.. the more "Stuff" has to be dragged home.
Yep.. i seriously doubt if there will be any vintage van getogethers until , at best, later this year.. October ??... After that the christmas commitments kick in and dont ease off until end January.. Hopefully 2021 will be a much happier time for all of us..

Until then.. keep the posts coming.. stay safe.. stay healthy.
Regards
Reddo
Col

Post by Col »

Thanks Reddo, yup, the shed is full. :lol: :lol:

The 2018 tour was great fun, I thoroughly enjoyed setting it all up, but if I had a choice I would not have done it while selling, finding, and moving house. it was lucky that the route had been set even before we sold, and as it was passing through the area that we were planning on buying in,we were able to combine house hunting with some tour checking in the same trips.

We are safe at home, hope you and Trish are coping without seeing all the little Reddo's, and that you all stay healthy

PS....Maybe we can do another Tour down this way, I will put my thinking cap on.

Stay safe, Kris 'n Col.