NRMA Holiday Expo's

Richard

NRMA Holiday Expo's

Post by Richard »

For those of you that may be interested the NRMA are holding Holiday expos in major towns throughout NSW, Iam not sure if they are all on this weekend but the Holiday Expo in Wollongong is on Sunday the 26/7/09. The expos all have different themes, at Darling Harbour they featured vintage electric cars and by now you have probably guessed that the expo in Wollongong will feature www.ourtouringpast.com

I was contacted by John from the NRMA a while ago about featuring the Propert at the Wollongong expo as the NRMA was very interested in historic caravanning in NSW and they are also promoting the new NRMA Classic Car Club..

Richard
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Richard

Re: NRMA Holiday Expo's

Post by Richard »

Well Dad and I have been into the Entertainment Centre to set up the car and caravan, I decided to use Dads car as the tow car even though his car doesnt have a tow bar.
It should be a busy day tomorrow as they are expecting about 8000 people to come through the gates.
They have held 3 other Expos, one in Newcastle, Canberra and Sydney with this the last one in Wollongong.

Just a few shots of the van set up in the Stadium, they are a bit blury as they didnt have all of the lights on and I had to use a slow exposure.
NRMA 1.jpg
NRMA 2.jpg
One of the girls from the Expo was kind enough to have a website Banner made up .
NRMA 3.jpg
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard..
Good to see another golden opportunity to put old caravans in the face of the public arising.

How did it go??

I noticed in the recent edition of "On the road" that NRMA have formed a car club. Its probably worth being part of just to get some of the advantages that they mention. 8-)

I feel that they have seen what shannons have been doing of late with all their traveling shows/ events. They ( shannons) had a marquee at the June vintage bike rally at coffs harbour. They sponsored the recent winter wander with 600 cars ( and one vintage TD :D ;) ) turning up, They even had a stand at a small swap meet in coffs harbour last weekend.

So.. yeah... even though NRMA have a brilliant motorfest each year , the idea of insurance co's sponsoring or at least having a prescence at other vintage motoring events is certainly catching on, and we the enthusiasts stand to benefit from it as the competition increases...... bring it on i say. :mrgreen:

P.S Great shots of the green wooden dice and Holden 8-) 8-) 8-)
Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Reddo.
I wasnt going to attend the day on Sunday, but as you know I had a change of plans so I spent most of the day at the expo. It was a very busy day with the usual crowd of people queuing up to have a look at the Propert and ask questions.
If only I had a Dollar for every time I was asked how it folded up. :D :D
Even dads car got alot of attention, mainly questions about the rare kangaroo bonnet mascot that it has.
I forgot to take my camera along on Sunday so I dont have any photos, but John Flowers should email some through that the NRMA photographer took. Apparently it will be in the Open Road magazine at some stage, but Ill know more about that later on.

Richard.