Pindimar Globetrotter

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
reddo

Pindimar Globetrotter

Post by reddo »

Hi.
My son Luke has just bought a one acre bush block at Pindimar.
It has power on a small 10ft sq shed .. the shed has had an " extension" at one stage... in the form of a 10ft Globetrotter van.

The previuos owner had built a roof over the top of it, which has now collapsed onto it.
They had removed the entry door and slid the van in neatly alongside the cabin and then ut a door way into the cabin to line up with the van entry. This gave em another bedroom with a kitchen.
The van hasnt withstood the ravages of weather and parties.very well !!!.
Smashed windows , some cupboard doors missing and a rot in the frame.
However...
The diamond pattern aluminium , hinged windows and stays, sink, cupboard door pushbutton knobs and hinges, as well as the chassis are all salvageable.
Some might say its worth a resto.... maybe?... i will have a real close look when i go back up and make a decision then??

Luke has been busy clearing bracken fern and fallen branches as well as old bits of building material off the block and building a bit of a bonfire ready to have a burn of anything he doesnt consider handy.
So... when i seen the van i took the sledgehammer off him before the old Globey drew too much attention and fell victim to the hammer.

We are heading back up to the block this weekend. i will spend a day on rescuing bits off the van or.. securing things so it can be loaded onto a float for trans back to Barnsley.. and a day helping clean up the block..
Even though my van building days are winding down a bit ......i still feel ive gotta save this stuff .
DSCN7216.JPG
DSCN7218.JPG
DSCN7219.JPG
The whole area around Pindimar ( North west shores of Port Stephens) are Holiday retreat blocks with lotsa makeshift set ups for accommodation . The area is zoned rural 1.. which means no permanent structures . So there is a lot of wobbly old vans, buses, motorhomes abondoned or ... rarely used on the blocks..

The block next door has 3 or 4 old early 60s vans.. none appear to have been habitated for years.. doors missing, windows left open..??
Not game to head over the fence... just in case they are hooked up to some anti intruder type gadgets... dont wanna get blown up of shot??...but will keep my eyes open for the property owners and front em about the vans if they turn up over the weekend.
Ya never know what their plans..... (or mine) are . :lol:

Reddo