Who says "History never repeats"

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
Strugglebrook

Re: Who says "History never repeats"

Post by Strugglebrook »

Gunna look good behind the EH on the Tour. :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Neither are going on the tour....
Finished the aluminium sides off ....
always wandered what the towball weight was on the TD. Its fairly nose heavy with the axle being so far back..
Weighed in at 85KG..... i think the van itself weighs about 450.. so should be no more than about 45 to 50kg.... I would probably scare myself if i measured towball weight with the Norton in there... probably up around 100 / 120kg... :o :shock: :shock: :roll:

While i was at it i checked the TBW on the supalite... the van weighs around 650kg laden .. TBW was 65kg.. it tows great.
DSCN6905.JPG
Gotta make a decision on putting some colour back on the TD above and below the crescent side moulds. Was thinking tiga Micra like the EH ute... but needs to be a neutral colour that appeals to the next owner when i advertise it.
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Gunna look good behind the EH. :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

I took a photo of the TD over to" MG Signs" at Cardiff yesterday... They do Vinyl wrap.
They said they would have no trouble doing the job... however... they cant get a perfect match with Tiga Mica.. close ... but not spot on..
I asked them to quote on doing the job anyway... be interested in seeing what a job like this is worth.??

I will drop in at the mates spray painting shop today and get him to quote me on what its worth to prep and paint it in an exact colour match with Tiga |Mica......If the costs for either method of getting the colour on the TD is too expensive i might just polish up the alloy and leave it shiney all over?/

Vintage Vans - Christmas in July at Murrurundi is only about 6 or 7 weeks away .. would like it done by then. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

The TD is going to live in Sydney..
It will enjoy its future years being towed behind an A Model ford Rod.
GR
jennison

Post by jennison »

that was a quick turnaround Reddo! Did he make you an offer you couldn't refuse? But what'll you do with a horsehead :D :roll:
jenno