Kurri Kurri Nostalgiafest.. Sat 30 / Sund 31 March

reddo

Kurri Kurri Nostalgiafest.. Sat 30 / Sund 31 March

Post by reddo »

OK Groovers..

Each year i drive away saying " I will give it a miss next year.. the crowd drives ya crazy"...
However.. i have weakened once again...

Just got back from the Kurri Tourist info centre where they milked me of $20 to secure a site for the EH ute and " Ward 13" ( $10 each ) this coming Sunday... entries number 222 and 223 respectively.... so .. using the Jethro Bodiene Abucus to do the sypheren... that tells me that there is at least 221 other cars already booked in !!!
DSCN6837.JPG

If anyone is keen on coming up on the day with their classic car / rod etc it will cost ya $20 for the car and same for the van.. late entry.. !!!

Gunna polish up the van and ute during the week, pack the van full of the usual retro gear ... and rock on up there Sunday morning 5:00am

So.. if you are in town on the Sunday , drop in and say G'Day.. ..cold beer in fridge .. cuppa on the stove in the van if you need a caffiene hit.
In past years they have put all the caravans / buses etc in Hampden st .. which is down the side of the BIg Pub " Kurri Kurri Hotel" next to the park...so the opportunity exists to grab frothy or two while having a" countery" at the pub

Pray for Sun
Reddo.
reddo

Re: Kurri Kurri Nostalgiafest.. Sat 30 / Sund 31 March

Post by reddo »

Got there early and scored a good spot....
DSCN6838.JPG
But the funbusters turned up and i had to move..
While i was relocating Maurie and kate came in behind me in the FJ ute with the Teardop on the back... was great catchin up on all the gossip.. cant believe all those little"Cole kids" have grown up and a wedding is in the winds soon !!.. i must be getting old.
DSCN6844.JPG
About 5 other vans turned up..
This rig was a bit of a crowd stopper...
DSCN6840.JPG
more coming
reddo

Post by reddo »

An nice Olympic
DSCN6843.JPG
A couple of Viscounts.. both for sale..Had seen the white one at last years Christmas in July... Lots of modifications
The one with the blue flash has had a bit of money spent on it.. a tidy van.. sorry i never got the couples number..
DSCN6842.JPG
A little York full of pot plants and glamping gear....
DSCN6849.JPG
more coming..
reddo

Post by reddo »

Didnt manage to find time to get around the car scene .. but here is a couple of neat cars that set up near us..
First one is a Pontiac....
DSCN6846.JPG
.other one is a Buick with LS1.
DSCN6845.JPG
Was having a great day until someone switched " Macca .D. Macaw" on to listen to his charming recitals..
Had to usher him away before a complaint was made .. kids thought he was hilarious... adults had a mixed opinion on the language... :o :shock:

Needless to say he was packed away and the crowd dispersed
DSCN6850.JPG
and so did i about 3.00pm..

Was a great day out .... caught up with a lot of people i hadnt seen in years.. bike club, car club, drinking buddies from way back, drinking buddies from way now, work mates, ... got a few leads on old bikes, Holden bits .. and a couple of old vans.. weather was a bit cool early but ended up around 28 degrees . The van seems to behave itself behind the ute.. probably not quite as stable as it was behind the panno.. but load levellers should sort it out before the tour..

Reddo over and out
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Great pictures Mate :D :D :D :D :D :D

PSK.
griffin

Post by griffin »

Thanks for the post Reddo, looks like a good time was had by all, nice Olympic.

George
Richard

Post by Richard »

Great photos Reddo, and thanks for posting them. Thats what its all about, getting out and enjoying your van and meeting great people.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

yep.. ta guys..
One thing i have noticed over the years that i have been involved with vintage vanning is .. more and more people are doing there vans up for" static display only".. loading them up with all sorts of stuff like teddy bears or plastic plants in pots etc..

I have no problems with that , and there is a place for all types in the vintage vanning world ...but cant help but think... wheren't caravans invented to be used for trips away.. camping.. touring, family holidays , etc, etc ????

My thoughts where underpinned by so many people saying to me ... "Oh... you use yours for camping do you ??"...

Its sorta like asking me.. Do you drive your car ????

Regards
Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Just like the cars taken to shows on trailers. :D :D :D :D :D

PSK.
mrfj55

Post by mrfj55 »

HI REDDO,
GREAT PHOTOS OL MATE.
YES THE COLE KIDS ARE GROWING UP FAST. MADDIES WEDDING IN NOVEMBER. IMOGEN AND ROBBIE STILL 20 AND SINGLE.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE CROWDS AT THESE TYPE OF EVENTS. I HAVE DONE A LOT OF STATIC CAR/CARAVAN DISPLAYS OVER THE LAST 20+ YEARS BUT LAST SUNDAY CERTAINLY WAS THE MOST TAXING.

WHEN I WAS PACKING UP AFTER A BIG DAY I NOTICED ONE OF THE KNOBS ON MY MAXI STOVE HAD BEEN WOUND RIGHT OUT.
LUCKY THE METHO TANK WAS EMPTY.
COULD HAVE BEEN DANGEROUS.
A RANDOM CIGARETTE AND WOOF,
COULD HAVE LOST THE WHOLE RIG AS WELL AS CARS EITHER SIDE.

PEOPLE THESE DAYS. !
THE WHOLE TOUCHY FEELY THING SOMETIMES GOES TO FAR.

ANYWHO,
MY TWO BOBS WORTH.

CHEERS,
MAURIE.