wheel bearing seals

Technical Information and Photos of historic caravan restorations and repairs.
reddo

wheel bearing seals

Post by reddo »

Hi..
Just removed my van hubs as part of the pre tour prepping.
Have noticed grease coming from back of hub onto backing plate.
In the back of the hub there is a press in tin seal with W708 stamped on it. it has a felt seal that seals ( or suppose to seal0 grease coming from within the hub / bearings.
Have tried trailer spares and auto parts shops.. no one has heard of these seals.
I feel that i cant replace with the normal inner seal that you get with an early holden bearing kit .. as the tin seal fits totally within the hub ... unlike the rubber seals which have a rubber lip thaqt presses on the hub body when adjusted up..

Has anyone found a rubber seal that fits the hub and replaces the old pressed tin with felt seal ??

I have photos but for some reason the "attachments" option is missing from the lower tool bar / options

Cheers
Reddo
Richard

Re: wheel bearing seals

Post by Richard »

Hey Reddo.
Ive only replaced with the older tin and felt seals, so cant help.
As for photos below the box where you put text in is 2 headings one reads Options and the other Attachments.
Click on the attachments then click on add files.
Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: wheel bearing seals

Post by reddo »

Thanks Richard ..

I tried that here in the workshop section before posting in General discussion.
The issue still exists here ( workshop section) whereby we do not have the option of posting attachments / photos in our posts.
That is why i copied and pasted the message in General discussion and posted the photos via .. options /attachments.

Have a look...
Normally you would see "Options " and "attachments" side by side at bottom left of screen..

Cheers
Reddo