Wanted to buy

For Sale and Wanted of Historic Caravans or Early Holden Items.
reddo

Wanted to buy

Post by reddo »

Hi all..
WTBOAF....
Wanted To Buy or a freebie

i feel another homebuilt monstrosity coming on...,, I am chasing a van chassis . somewhere around 3.3 to 4.6 metres would be good. Dont need the rest of the van ..just a good rust free chassis (with useable springs , axle, brakes wheels etc desirable) would be great. Prefer a roller that can be towed to Newcastle or at least rolled onto a car trailer. Will travel up to 2 hours north , south or West of Newy . East is a bit of a problem.. all good for 15k from here then it turns to Ocean...

Whats out there.??. Price negotiable depending up condition. Either message me here or phone 0401070541. Thanks in advance, Reddo
100_3158.jpg
100_4232.JPG
reddo

Re: Wanted to buy

Post by reddo »

Search no more.. Found this a few doors down the street ..
Viscount Valiant... one of the thousands produced . Not sure of its age but guessing late 60s early 70s.

DSCN6102.JPG
DSCN6103.JPG
DSCN6104.JPG
Took to it yesterday arvo with a water blaster and removed 90% of the green algae..
unfortunatley the blast didnt remove the dents and drill holes ????
Will start a demolition/renovate thread here on OTP shortly.

Reddoomsday for Bauxite :o :shock: :roll: :?: ;)
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Looking forward to what comes out of the Shed O f Invention. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Yo..
Have spent a couple of hours stripping the internal panels off the front wall , as well as the internal panel where the external damage is near the door. :(
See first photo on previuos post.
The c section rolled aluminium had been crushed in about 1 inch.. i thought i could simply bash it back to shape... but in the end i had to remove the outer sheet to operate on it.
DSCN6162.JPG
Still had to cut the side of the c sect to get it back to the original radius. Then panel beat the diamond pattern alloy sheet. Clean off all the old sealer and apply a thick bead of silastic .. then pop rivet the sheet back on. Aint perfect ... but a whole lot better and more waterproof than it was before.
The last owner thought he was doing good replacing some of the internal sheets... but in most places had missed the studs with the 30mm teck screws and drilled through the outer cladding. I spent an hour removing the screws and internal sheets ...and then going around the van plugging the holes with rivets.. looks better than just gooping the holes with Silastic.
If the sun comes out today and brings warmth with it i might finish stripping the rest of the water damaged sheets out . Have found damp insulating batts in the wall cavities... will have to investigate where the water is getting in and repair that as well. There wont be many original sheets in there by the time i get it all sealed up. ??

Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

Looking forward to the build and thread unfolding Reddo. Always great reading
Regards
Jenno