Vacation Caravans.

A History of Caravan Manufacturers in Australia.
Richard

Vacation Caravans.

Post by Richard »

Vacation Caravans.
B. Cooper. ( manager )
8 Humffray St. South Ballarat. Victoria.

1966 Vacation Caravan brochure.
Vacation 1.jpg
Vacation 2.jpg
Vacation 3.jpg
Vacation 4.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Richard

Re: Vacation Caravans.

Post by Richard »

This Vacation vintage caravan is for sale on the internet.
If you read the sellers comment they have included a history of the Vacation brand.

Sellers comment.

OWN A PIECE OF VICTORIAN HISTORY!!!

This caravan is one of the earlier model caravans built locally in Ballarat.

"Vacation Caravans was owned by Evans Brothers who were Funeral Directors in Ballarat. The caravan business was in a large warehouse which fronted onto Humphrey Street and was located at the rear of their Funeral business premises"

Dating back to the grand era of caravan's the late 1950's into the early 1960's is this retro looking VACATION brand caravan built locally in Ballarat by Evans Brothers Funeral Directors.

The story goes that when they had quiet periods in funeral business they would put their coffin builders to work making caravans as the tools and skills required could be put to both!

I have for sale a 12 foot Vacation caravan.

It is in rough but solid condition and would suit someone who is looking for a weekend project to do the caravan up to its former glory.

I don't know the exact date of manufacture but from the research i have done my guess would be either very late 50's but more likely very early 60's. Most likely 60,61 or 62.

What you see in the photos is what you get but i can supply many more photos if required.

We have had the caravan shedded for the last 15 years and just used as storage. Prior to that it was a gift from a family friend so i have no idea of the history prior to that.

The tyres have been pumped up and hold air

The caravan is towable but does not have the tail lights connected.

Has power connected and fitted internally

It looks to have a gas line fitted but not sure where it goes too as i do not see any gas appliances in the caravan, may have been an old cooker at one stage.

Has a heavy duty tow pack and break setup as per photo

Aluminium front and back with wooden panelling on each side as per photo

There is water damage on the caravan. It appears where the window seals have given away. You can see from the photos. I would say ALOT of the wooden panelling on the sides would need to be replaced especially above the wheels but depends what you think when cleaned up

Inside the condition is quite reasonable. Really just needs a good clean, few repairs and maybe a paint to make functional.

Does come with an ANNEX that can be attached to the side with poles

Vacation 1.JPG
Vacation 2.JPG
Vacation 3.JPG
Vacation 4.JPG
Vacation 5.JPG
Vacation 6.JPG
Vacation 7.JPG
Richard

Re: Vacation Caravans.

Post by Richard »

Vacation Caravans 1.jpg