My 'new' old tow car

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
DC3TD

My 'new' old tow car

Post by DC3TD »

So here`s my new tow vehicle. 1967 Series IIA LWB Landy. 186 powered. Beetles gone to new home so i`m sad to have seen it gone but this`ll tow my Td or any of my 4 trailers no sweat. cheers gordon
Richard

Re: My 'new' old tow car

Post by Richard »

Hi Gordon.
Great Land Rover !
I had four wheel drives for years and was tied up with a four wheel drive club here untill the Government closed a lot of the places we used to go to. It got to a stage that the only four wheel driving you can do is on a "dirt road".
Any way I have always kept an eye out for a series 1 Landrover or a early Jeep. I came across this original Landrover brochure a few years ago at the Golborne Swap meet, and I thought you may like to see it.

Richard.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
DC3TD

Re: My 'new' old tow car

Post by DC3TD »

Hi Richard. Very interesting literature. got a few fiddly things to sort out on the old girl but i`m happy. Have since replaced thos gawd omighty ferris wheels with std landies. Gotta find a h/top for it as per original. Been given pix of her `05 with it on in Lightning Ridge. Guys from ex military &/or owners clubs etc know all about her so have been given a lot of info. We`ll see what happens. cheers gordon