Early Holden accessories

Interesting information and photos of the legendary FX and FJ Holdens.
Col

Early Holden accessories

Post by Col »

G'day, here's a pic I took some years ago of an FJ in a wrecking yard.....

...it's got quite a few neat Nasco accessories on it , and it prompted me to put it on here with thought maybe some other folks may like to share some pics of their own items of adornment..... 8-) .....cheers, Col.
Richard

Re: Early Holden accessories

Post by Richard »

Hi Col.
Great photo, Ive never seen an FJ with that conversion. Would you call it a Continental rear end ?

Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Col

Post by Col »

Hiya Richard, usually called a Continental kit when it's on an American car ( also is generally a complete spare wheel and cover with an extension of the bumper to contain it all), but this one on the FJ is a faux continental kit.....kinda nifty tho..... :)
reddo

Post by reddo »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well i'll be buggered Nasco bought out a bootlid just so the mexicans could stow their hats when travelling.... How Col :lol: .....ooops COOL is that. :mrgreen:

The best after market mod i ever seen fitted to an Fj was on my mates dads FJ panelvan back in the 60s. He owned a chook farm and use to get trailer loads of sawdust from the local sawmill.
As the farm became bigger he needed more sawdust. So he cut the roof out of the FJ and just drove in under the silo.
He use to honk the horn when the sawdust use to start pushing the bench seat forward. Then drive forward and fill the trailer... The very beginnings of what we now know as "truck and dog" combinations in the trucking industry....

Aaaw c'mon guys .. stop crying.. i wasnt the one that cut the hole in the FJ Van roof.. :lol: :lol:

Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Here is a photo of a convertible FX I came across a couple of years ago at a car show in Wollongong. From memory the owners had just purchased it , and were getting used to it.

Col

Post by Col »

Hi,not sure if this is the right spot for this....but here goes.... :) .....

...had a guy from up the street drop in to ask if I was interested in some old Holden parts , most of it still in the original boxes.....

....hmm...well, I've already got a few old Nasco/Holden boxes in my collection of weird old junk.....so ,yeah...why not a few more..... 8-) :D :D

....more boxes......they laugh at me here for my box collection..... :lol:

....and other assorted old things.....

...like car fridges...... ;)

....dunno what's so funny about that..... :roll: :lol: :lol: ,cheers....Col
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Col.
Not a bad find. Dont you just love when people just offer it to you rather than having to chase up bits and pieces. :D :D
Not a bad collection, but you did get me off the hook a bit as Linda thought I had a lot of stuff till I showed her your photos. :lol: :lol: Love the pedestal drill with the drive belt, they dont make them like that any more.

Richard.
Col

Post by Col »

G'day Richard , yes ,the pedestal drill is a ripper.....bought it off Ebay last week ... a local guy had it and when we went around to pick it up in the old brown truck , he showed us an old Ford script valve radio.....so we bought that too.....then he said some '34 Ford headlights under the house .....so we've got to go back and see if we can have a bit of an expedition to check out what else he's got stashed......goodies...luv 'em...... :lol: