Don Caravan on Collectors.

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
Richard

Don Caravan on Collectors.

Post by Richard »

Well it has taken a bit longer that the couple of weeks that we were first told, but Elwins collections ( see Another Collection Unearthed in the Photo Album section ) will be on the Collectors Program next week the 5.6.09. It should feature a bit about his Don caravan at Collector near the ACT.

Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
donricardo

Re: Don Caravan on Collectors.

Post by donricardo »

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be away unfortunately, so I'll have to work out the intricacies of the new VCR. :lol: :lol: :lol: I used to be able to program the old machine, much to the annoyance of my three 20-something sons who never mastered it! Not often that the old man gets one over the lads as far as technology is concerned!! :D :D :D

Don Ricardo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Well Elwins collection was on the Collectors program on Friday, but they mainly focused on his familys boxing tent memorabillia and his huge collection of Radios. His Don caravan only had a small feature at the start.

Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

In the early 70`s for something to do, 'i ran away & joined the circus' as they say.For 18 months or so i traveled around Oz & worked alongside Elwin. Maybe still married to Sandra, my then boss Sam Evans` daughter. I used to haul/work dodgem cars around with a c1700 bullnose acco.Great times/memories/stories/girls & more stories :lol: .Us workers used to compete with each other to see who could strip down & pack their ride the quickest. Dodgem cars V the Cha Cha V the Chair `o` plane etc. Losers bought the beers. We dodgem guys also used to bet who could jump the most cars in a 3 minute ride. Reckon my record of 142 times is still out there. Missed the ep on friday night but grabbed it online just now.So it was great to see Elwin`s still around. Not being into `vans at the time, i still recall the ones the showies had. Some were absolutely brilliant. I used to have to sleep in a pokey Carapark along with 2 other workers.Pretty cramped at times. Must`ve only been a 9 or 10 footer.Very impersonal at other times. :twisted: cheers gordon