Christmas in July 2017

This is the place to post a story and photos of your recent getaway in your Historic caravan.
humpty

Re: Christmas in July 2017

Post by humpty »

Humpty and Dazza have booked.....be there on the Thursday
humpty

Post by humpty »

Good to see you have moved the Flying Foxes on John.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Yo..
Just arrived home from Hospital. Have sliced and diced the left knee.
Gunna hammer the rehab and see if i can get the OK to drive a little bit earlier than i should.
If so might be able to catch up for the fun and games .
If not....
Might be able to catch a train and stay in a cabin. :roll:
Cheers
Legless Red
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hey reddo. Glad it all went well. Dont forget to keep your "spirits" up as that will help with infections. :D :D :D
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
jennison

Post by jennison »

Hi John
I am going to have to miss this one unfortunately, I have some family commitments I cannot miss
See you maybe at huskison if you are coming
Regards
And hi to Pam
Jeff Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

stitches are out.
Have thrown away the walking stick.
Got the OK to drive from doctor
Site booked.
See ya all about lunchtime Friday.

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Well... Thats another great weekend done and dusted.
Approx 12 vans at Murrurundi for 3 or 4 days.

Very cold nights ... but this was easily fought off with a campfire outside the camp kitchen ( for the smokers and those with dogs) ..
and a gas fired heater in the camp kitchen. Plastic side curtains all zipped up made for cosy partying.

Doug and Carol ( park managers) organised a local lady to come and play guitar for a few hours on Friday night.
A mix of county and western . middle of the road and a bit of good old rock n roll mixed in.
A lovely girl with a great voice ...
Combine this with and endless supply of soups , stews, nibblies all washed down with a few beers.

A great night ... Thanks Doug and Carol.

On saturday morning ...We found a damsell in distress... Jude.. wandering out of her cabin complaining about the lack of hot water??
Doug ( plumber by trade) and i spent 1/2hr pulling the HWS apart trying to diagnose why the thing wasnt heating up.. everything tested out OK???
Then we discovered the culprit .. it was Geoff.. it appears that he had spent more time than he should have under the shower trying to make himself beautiful and used up best part of 20 gallons of hot water... thereby only leaving poor Jude about 2 minutes of hot water to have a shower and wash her hair. before the water went stone cold !!!
Needless to say Geoff duly copped a spray from Me n Doug ... and .. Jude was to be first in the shower next morning.

I spent the rest of saturday cruising the back blocks of Qurindi .. van hunting, checking out the junk shops. markets with there endless supply of sick looking pllnats, jars of conserves, wooden toys, old books, CDs... and not one hub cap in sight. :( .. a cool beer at Wallabadah pub then back to camp for the arvo session and watch the car racing at Townsville.
Early showers where the trick... if you left your tub run until dark you near froze getting dry and dressed.
Heavy frost on Friday and saturday night.. temps in the minus.

Another big feed in the camp kitchen saturday night...a nice evening spent nattering to some of the vanners that we dont get to see all that often as well as a few newbies that where getting into the groove of things.
I left sunday about 10.00am... had a good run home with very little traffic on the road... i think there was about 6 or 7 vans staying for sunday night as well.

Just like to say a big thank you to John and Pam, Phill and Veronica for bunging on such a great variety of tucker... they never seemed to stop chopping stuff up and filling the big pots on the camp stove.
John weilding the knives while poor Pam was kept busy running back to the vans to bring more ingredients !!! I think i came home with more food than i took up there???
Veronica lived up to her nick name "Veronica Vanilla" with her "to die for" vanilla slices, rum balls, and little cake/apple/ fresh cream cup cakes.

All in all a great weekend vintage vanning and a very relaxed time was had by all.
I hope everyone has a safe run home and we can catch up again for another great weekend real soon .. ( Huskisson Beach - August .. Shellharbour - October.)
Cheers for now.
Stay safe.. stay happy.. stay warm
Reddo
philmac

Post by philmac »

gday reddo ,
great report on a terrific weekend ,couldnt agree more !
great work on behalf of john and pam, great people, great weather , and great hosts in doug and carol and you cant go wrong.
and they have really good taste in cars havnt they? :D :D :D
cant wait until huskisson to do it all again
thanks all phil
reddo

Post by reddo »

Yeah Phill..
If Doug asked me nicely i would swap the EH for his Chev Pick up....
What a monster.
Maybe even consider helping him get rid of his bikes too...
What a generous sole i am. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Spare a thought for our great hosts Doug and Carol, with all the dry weather Murrurundi is doing it very hard for water at the moment, something most of us take for granted.
I have to agree Mr Reddo, you have always been a sole. :D :D :D :D

Junior .