Waeco 3 way fridges

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
reddo

Waeco 3 way fridges

Post by reddo »

Gday..

My 35 year old 35 litre Engel has started mucking up on 12 V . It froze about 4 of my precious stubbies the other weekend while the thermostat was set on low.... Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo.. i wasnt drunk and wound the knob the wrong way.. the little buggers just decided to rebel and solidify their contents :evil: :(

So... maybe its time for an upgrade??
I have been considering a Waeco about the same litreage... yup.. litreage... its a word.. i just made it up... so its a word... no arguements OK.

Was wandering if the temperature can be controlled by the thermostat when operating on 12 V.
Some of the sales blurb suggests the thermostat only operates on 240V..??

So... i suppose the question is.. does anyone own a Waeco??.. and can you control or more to the point .. vary the temperature via the thermostat.

Oh yeah... ya better hurry with the reply.. the one i am watching on ebay finishes in 30 seconds... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reddo
Richard

Re: Waeco 3 way fridges

Post by Richard »

So how did ya go Reddo? Do we have a fridge for the Gold Fever Tour?
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Had a seriuos talk to the old Engel... multimeter .. side cutters.. screwdriver and hammer..
Its behaving itself once again. 8-) ;)

Still havent found out if waeco fridges can be thermostatically controlled on 12V.
Apparently there is a hi / lo setting .. with low being selected when on 12 V. :roll: :roll:
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Aldi have a special on this Saturday... 1st April..hmmm April fools Day
12V camping fridges $499..
Gunna have a looksee... if they are 12V / 240V and can be thermostatically controlled on both 12 and 240V.....i might be tempted into buying one
Engel mucked up again last weekend at Kurri Nostalgia Festival. so i have 2 options ... buy a newie or get the old slogger looked at by a friodge mechanic

Not keen on shelling out over $1000 for a new Engel (35L)..... but i would imagine if i did buy one it would outlive me???

Reddcoldies-r-us