Home decor items featuring caravans.

griffin

Re: Home decor items featuring caravans.

Post by griffin »

This one is for the more adventurous, especially if you know your way around a pair of knitting needles. The knitted car tea pot cosy with knitted caravan biscuit barrel cover is on display at the Willow Tree information center on the New England Highway. It's a prize winner too, but whoever set up the display seems to have got the bases back to front, a two wheeled car and a four wheeled van :?:
Knitted caravan 1-c.jpg
Knitted caravan 2-c.jpg
Talk about 'yarn bombed' :o
George
griffin

Post by griffin »

I recently received this nice little address diary which ticks all the boxes, caravan shape with lantern roof, porthole and a stripe that matches many bondwoods.
Caravan diary-c.jpg
And it's Australian, from Lightning Press Print Management in Dandenong South but I'm told they don't have them any more.
The pages inside are watermarked with the front caravan image and have spaces for name, address etc, a really nice item.

George
griffin

Post by griffin »

A couple more items added to the collection.

For lovers of American style pickups for tow cars this piece from the quilting shop might interest.
Pickups.jpg
And, if you like your decor items more useful this tea towel from Allgifts Australia might be the go. Nice and colourful and their web site provided this illustration as well as the less colourful item next to it with little vans and mobile homes dotting the various roads.
Allgifts teatowel.jpg
George
griffin

Post by griffin »

Here are some more items to clutter up the house and gather dust.

This Christmas bauble was picked up at Berry over the Shellharbour trip last year and has appeared elsewhere.
Merry.jpg
Christmas just gone found us enjoying dinner on a cruise ship off New Zealand, 19 degrees and no flies being the greatest pleasure.
We had some time ashore at various ports and I managed to spot a few caravan items.
At Bay of Islands this Christmas bauble featured the Kiwi, Pukaka, sheep and Christmas Tree and in hindsight I'm sorry I didn't buy one.
NZ Caravan deco e.jpg
In the same store this tin thingy that whirls and twirls in the the garden.
NZ Caravan deco 2e.jpg
At Akaroa a nice little timber teardrop would no doubt have suited some, can't be that hard to make if you can repair a vintage van.
Teardrop.jpg
Also in Akaroa something useful at least, which I did buy, Melamine plates from DQ & Co featuring all the NZ icons, Kiwi, Pukaka, sheep, seagull and Christmas bush which was in flower in the north when we were there. DQ items have featured previously in this thread. I looked through their web site but couldn't find the plates, they have a huge range of stuff.
NZ Caravan plate.jpg
And at Auckland we took a tour to Devonport where Devonport Chocolates have their store. I found one of their chocolates had a wrapper with a caravan at the beach scene, but for the price I just tried the samples and left empty handed. This photo is from their web site.
Devonport choc.jpg
Are we giving up caravans for cruising? Not likely, it's not my scene, just an expensive way to look at a lot of water in my view. Any more talk of a cruise and it will be a $2.50 trip to Manly for the day!

George