Broke Fair.

This is the place to post a story and photos of your recent getaway in your Historic caravan.
reddo

Broke Fair.

Post by reddo »

Hi
Had an enjoyable weekend at Broke Fair.
I arived on saturday about 1.00pm and set up the supalite in the display area.
Unloaded the Norton off the commodore ute and fenced off an area for the vintage bike crew that where going to ride out on Sunday morning.
Shortly afterwards "The Strugglebrooks"arrived in thier immaculate EH special sedan towing thier freshly refurbished 1949 Carapark Hunter Minor bondwood van That they had retrieved from a property at Warren earlier this year.

Here are some photos..

A mate from the bike club .... Bob and his wife Melany arrived with thier late model off road camper and set up over behind the bike display. His wife towed the van out while he rode his 1972 Norton Commando out. Once they where organised, Bob and i took off on the bikes for a 1/2 hour ride over to Bulga pub for a couple of beers.

Got back just before dark... lit the fire and settled in for a few beers and a chinwag.
We watched the moon come up and i was informed by John the fitter that i was wrong in saying it was a Half moon.. it was 14 / 32 th of a moon... well there ya go.. ya learn something every day :lol:
Beers and cheers until around 10 ish then off to bed .. good night sleep ..
and up early to make brekky.. Bacon and eggs in the van..
I had a bit of a scare when a bloke came to the door to tell me i had a major gas leak on the bottle mounted on the draw bar.. :shock: Funny.. it wasnt a problem the night before :?:

The crowd arrived around the mid morning , and as usual the day was taken up showing people around the 2 freshly renovated vans on their maiden runs.

The usual array of nice cars , trucks etc on display...
This was my pick on the day..

A great weekend with good mates and nice weather ...managed to mix all 3 hobbys together nicely.. Old Vans, old cars and old motorbikes ...All come to an end too soon :(

. Left about 2.30 Sunday arvo with a short list of "To Do "jobs on the van... but all in all very happy with the way it tows and the layout inside works well. The 2 Batteries kept the Engel fridge charged up and freezing cold for the two days without even looking like going flat.. partly contributable to the LED lighting drawing bugger all power while left on of a night.

All wrinkles and niggling problems will be ironed out ready for its next trip.... Shell Harbour in around 1 months time.. Bring it on !!!

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Re: Broke Fair.

Post by Strugglebrook »

We had a good time too Mr Reddo and Rattcliffe loved his treats. Have become very attached to the little Hunter Minor, thank you very much Mr Trodler for the lead. The only drama now is an old mate enjoyed watching me restoring the Minor out the back of the shop so much he has given me an early aluminum Carapark to do next !!

Struggling Strugglebrook.
jennison

Post by jennison »

Your pick of the day Reddo.....what actually is it?
Hey Strugglebrook, looks like we'll be overnighting(dare I admit it) in the wife's new van at Muswellbrook Saturday. I'll ring you if that's ok
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Jeff..
Its a Jaguar Special. 8-)

Wifes new van??.... Hmmmm... so do you mean a "new to her .. vintage caravan :?:

Or... a new .. new caravan :cry:
Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

All good Jenno :D :D :D
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hey Strugglebrook.
Little Carapark looks fantastic, youve done a great job with it. ;) ;) ;)
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.