Christmas in July in the middle.

This is the place to post a story and photos of your recent getaway in your Historic caravan.
reddo

Re: Christmas in July in the middle.

Post by reddo »

Aaaahhh .. here we are.. 3 days out from the murrurundi weekend and... yup... predictions of an east coast low coming in from the nor west..
Arent we lucky we will be 100 miles inland as the crow flys ....
However.. we will be in the path of the wet weather heading down to the coast.

The up side of that prediction is.. if its rainy it will be warmer. 8-)
The down side of that is .. we will be wet and the firelighting matches might be soggy. :(

Anyway.. i dont know why i am saying "We" i have just stuffed my back up getting a trailer load of firewood then splitting and stacking it away :evil: .
I am off to the chiropractor today to see if he can get me to stand up straight and walk?
At the moment i look like a human version of a half shut pocket knife and give myself a 50/50 chance of being upright and mobile by thursday arvo. :roll:

Cheers.. i think??
Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Weather will be balmy with only chance of a sprinkle under 1 mm.
Don`t want to hear about the labor pains, just give me the Baby. :D :D :D :D :D
jubbard

Post by jubbard »

hi reddo

sorry to hear about your back, hope you're ready for murrurrrrrrundi.

as an aside, a mate of mine had a really crook back and was getting the chiropractor to come to his place because it was too difficult for him to get out of the house.

he rang me to ask could i take him to the doctor because the chiro said it was too inflamed for her to do any work.

long story short, i got him to the doctor, who prescribed brufin to reduce the inflammation, so we stopped at a chemist on the way home. he took a couple or more of them and by the time we were nearly home he was feeling better so we decided to go up to the local club to celebrate.

about 4 hours later his wife came and picked us up and he was back at 100% apart from the grog problems.

unfortunately, the next day he had a heart attack and eventually had a triple bypass - all that was 20 years ago and he's still around.

i could recommend brufin but it's up to you.

geoff and jude
aquamum

Post by aquamum »

Reddo

Hope you're on the mend and feeling better !!

I've packed the spare wheel for the Supalite too :)

I'm taking tomorrow off work, so glad I've a great boss who understands my camping obsession :)

I don't mind the drizzly rain, but it makes my hair go curly :(

See you all there.....
reddo

Post by reddo »

G'Day
Thanks for the concern guys.
I havent missed a van weekend away in 10 years.. so .. doin what i can to keep my record in tact.
4 hours sleep since monday night.
Have dosed up this morning on Trishas Endone tablets.. gone for a walk.. feelin a bit better. Back to Chiropractor for another session the sarvo. Will make a final call tomorrow when i get up.

If still wobbly will ring and cancel site booking and book a cabin. bit easier movin around a cabin than trying to get in and out of a TD.
Irony of it all is .. if i had another 7 days to work on the Supalite ..i could have brought it up there and lived in luxury!!

Pray for fine weather.
Hope to see yas all about 11.00 Friday.

Reddo.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi

Was good catching up with everyone at Murrurundi.
Our Hosts Doug and Carol made us all very welcome to their great park.
Weather was a bit drizzly but not a problem when you have a good camp kitchen to retreat to.
Just like to thank Col and Sue for the soup on Thursday night. Always nice to gop to bed on a full warm belly.
John and Pam for the stew on Friday night and again on saturday morning.
Everyone else that contributed some great home cooking ( Veronica and Jude ) during happy hours Thursday and Friday night.
Sorry i had to leave early and miss the Saturday nights Xmas in July festivities. I am sure everyone would have had a good time.

Until Shellharbour in October.. Adios Amigos.

Reddo... back is still R.S
BlueBird

Post by BlueBird »

Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone for a great weekend. Shaun and I loved catching up with you all.

Thanks to John and Pam for organising the weekend. Murrunundi is a great spot. It's a place that we would probably never go to ourselves, but so glad that we did. THere's a lot of great exploring to do in the area. We'd be happy to go there again if that's where Christmas in July is going to be held.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your tucker with us. It was all lovely.

Thanks to Carol and Doug for having us at their caravan park and for their lovely cake, how sweet. We loved their camp kitchen. It was the best set up camp kitchen that we have been to. The fires were great too. Just what was needed on a cold winters night.

Thanks for Allan for your on-line updates and for all the photos you took. It was very informative and amusing. Good on you.

We enjoyed taking our new little van our on our first outing. Now we can start on personalising it for us and hopefully it will be ready for our next outing, which I think will be at Shellharbour (yep camping in our home town again LOL).

Take care everyone,

Monica and Shaun :)
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Well Christmas in July in the middle done and dusted.Thanks for having the pleasure of my company.
Hopefully a few more static displays will be dragged out for Shellharbour in October which will be another great weekend.
JD. :D :D :D :D