2017 Autumn Tour - Gold Fever

jennison

Re: 2017 Autumn Tour - Gold Fever

Post by jennison »

Jingellic is indeed one of the prettiest campsites you'd ever hope to stop at....and a very short walk to the pub too!
Jenno
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

My money is on the stupendously magnificent plywood masterpiece.
Simple really, what came first, the plywood laying box or the egg. :D :D :D :D :D
aquamum

Post by aquamum »

Hi Reddo,

Good to catch up with you this weekend in Murrurundi NSW for Xmas in July 16 - I hope you are feeling better :)

I'd like to express my interest in joining this tour.

Is a spot still available?

Cheers

Sandra
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi A/M... :D
Yup.. your on the list. Good to see a few first time Autumn Tourers signing up.
and most definitely welcome ...... on one condition. :roll:
You will have to bring the Black ute as a towcar. ;)

I think that makes about 10 vans now.

Still havent done anything about contacting van parks etc.
Gunna sit back and wait for some feedback from you guys on the iteneray first.
Someone might come up with a "Game changer" as far as overnight stops are concerned. :idea:

I mentioned in conversation at the Murrurundi weekend.....
Camden caravan park / Anzac day 2017 as a half way overnight stop for us coming down from up north.... :?: :roll:

Over the years i have found some fantastic campsites / free camps... unfortunately most have been in national parks .. and do not allow domestic pets ( or thier owners ) to stay there.
None the less .. we have had about 99% success rate with the other parks /overnighters we have stayed at..
2 come to mind that we have had to divert out of where ... Sussex Inlet..( The park was in a swamp )
and the other was a little place called "Primer" :shock: . We could have stayed there in the local park / reserve but chose to move on further to Quirindi for the evening.

Anyway.. for now we will keep the books open for starters.. always get a few that get keen on coming along .. usually happens when the warmer weather kicks in an people get to thinking about touring... what they need to remember is that the tour is in Autumn and the temps can be down near .. or below zero in the high country.

Bring it on i say 8-)

Not feeling better at all...falling apart at the seams .. Booked in at Chiropractor today.. siatic nerve. then doctors.. painkillers... then eye test for new specs ( T2 diabetes )... then podiatrist ( T2 Diabetes )
If i was NSW Greyhound i think i would be carrying a bit of lead by now... :roll: ;) :shock: :D

Regards
Reddonegalloping :cry:
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi

The Humptys have signed up and are looking forward to tagging along with us next year. 8-)
Welcome aboard Pete and Denise. :D

Regards
Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Sounds like a crew is coming along nicely. I tell ya folks, its the most fun you can have with your pants on. So if ya wona go you gotsta tell Mr Reddo :D :D :D :D :D

JD.
griffin

Post by griffin »

Hi Reddo

A stop over at Camden Caravan Park, more correctly the Poplar Tourist Park, could see us join you for a night. I spent the first 3 years of my married life there in a 14ft Millard while saving for the deposit to built a house. Barbara (not who those years were spent with) and I went and had a look a few weeks ago to check out the floods. This photo shows the nice waterfront views with the lower terrace inundated. My van used to be about where the people are standing.
Poplar Tourist Park - Camden 6-6-2016-c.jpg
Both of us being long time locals we found it didn't even rate as a flood so went to Maccas for a coffee on the other side.
Camden flood 6-6-2016-c.jpg
This photo from Maccas gives an idea of what a flood used to be, the 13m mark was pretty common while the biggest I saw was over the marker with the water lapping in the gutter of the lean to on the side of the old milk depot left of the marker! A real flood!

I wonder if you are now suffering a bit of Old Age, the symptoms sound familiar! I can sympathise with the back, I've had problems for years but I've been a lot better since I changed from a Chiro to an Osteo.

George
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi George
......and thanks for the info on Camden..

I will see if i can organise a flood for our visit... :o :shock:
Poor old Picton just down the road a bit copped a flogging in the last east coast low weather event...
Someone should tell the weather exactly where the coast stops and inland starts aye !!

I will do a bit of googling and have a yarn with the park managers...
Check on all the usual stuff i hit em with....
Dog friendly
Group discount on overnight rates. 8-)
Pensioner discount on top of that :shock:
NRMA memeber on top of that.. :shock: :shock:
Camp Kitchen
Fireplace .. etc.. etc.

Regards
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Good Morning Ladies and Gentleman
( and others that dont quite fit that title) :P

We now have 10 vans listed on the starting grid.
There is room for a couple more.... or maybe even a few more than that.

Past history tells me that there is always a few people that have to drop off the list as we get closer to the tour start date..
Family,, work,, health issues can trip you up at any stage . That is understandable .
We also can get a few starters that werent sure if they could come along' right up until the week before kick off...
So .. the "Dirty Dozen" can be a bit "Rubbery".

Just thinking the other day ( There is a first time for everything ) ...It is 10 years since we held the first tour over here on the east coast. It was a year after the west coast vintage vans Spring tour.

Starters where....
Cobber, Kaybees, Kingy, Sutcacs, JBJ, Me , Will and Lyn... Sorry..cant remember if there was others.. please reply if you were with us ??
Started at Lithgow and near froze to death,, then on to Dunedoo.. then lake Glenbawn.. then Lake Macquarie .. then finally finishing at what i think was the second year at Coledale... Lotsa fond memories of that trip...jumping farm fences to look at old vans.. tyre blow outs .. boiling radiators.. Cobber driving off with the van door open and leaving his van steps in situe back at the park....Will n Lyn running out of LPG ... Sutcac wheel bearings falling apart on the Fugly at Dunedoo...Being entertained by railway siding shunting while trying to sleep at Dunedoo......
All these sort of things that happen on tour stay in the memory bank and... for what ever reason ... motivates me to keep organising a tour each year...

Cheers for now
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

:D
There was a young bloke named Dave
Who reckons these tours are a rave
He just couldnt resist
Put his name on this list
In his Chev he will travel
with the rest of us rabble