The Ariel Family photo Archive Collection.

A Photo History of old Family Caravanning photos or just old photos of caravans.
Richard

The Ariel Family photo Archive Collection.

Post by Richard »

I just love the internet.
I was recently contacted by Hilton via an email and he was asking if I was interested in seeing some old photos of his families caravan.
Well, interested I said, I would be VERY interested. So after a few emails over the following weeks Hilton has mailed the photos to me and has asked that they remain part of the ourtouringpast.com website and National Caravan Museum collection. :D :D

A little bit of the back ground to the photo collection as supplied by Hilton.

These photos were taken during our holidays when we went caravanning along the east coast of Australia, with my father Phil, mother Eileen and me Hilton. During the late 1950's and early 60's Dad had at least 2 caravans as an investment, where they were hired out. The Gypsy was based with a lady at a caravan yard at Parramatta and the Windcutter at Castle Caravans near Hornsby.

Being wooden vans they rotted out and I remember helping dad to repair them and repaint. The Gypsy was painted pink and grey as was the striping and title on the Windcutter.

You may also notice the tow vehicles, the Vanguard I learnt to drive on and the pink FB Holden I eventually owned when I first started teaching in Walget in 1968.

With a photo of the Vanguard and Windcutter just to temp you.
3b.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Richard

Re: The Ariel Family photo Archive Collection.

Post by Richard »

1a.jpg
5d.jpg
6e.jpg
7e.jpg
Richard

Re: The Ariel Family photo Archive Collection.

Post by Richard »

More photos of the Windcutter.
3g.jpg
2b.jpg
3b.jpg
7c.jpg
2c.jpg