FJ Holden Station Wagon.

Interesting information and photos of the legendary FX and FJ Holdens.
DC3TD

Re: FJ Holden Station Wagon.

Post by DC3TD »

Hi Col. Re the one with the roof dent - buckled the body pretty badly but the glass stayed intact. Quite odd or we had damn good toughened glass back then. Ha. gordo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Col.
Thanks for posting the photos. It is amazing what Phil and his team can do. Is Phill still into restoring FX FJ's or has he sold of his collection of cars.
Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Col

Post by Col »

Hi Richard, nope, he's moved on to different cars and sold off pretty much everything. It was good while it lasted though,had a great night at the workshop a few years back with a special guest Phil had organised, Jack Rawnsley ,the last of the original development team. It was fantastic to speak with him and gain an insight into some of the details that only someone like him was privy to......

...some memorable stuff came out of the shop in a relatively short time....

Richard

Post by Richard »

Another FJ panel van to station wagon conversion as shown in the second post on the first page.
PJS1.JPG
PVS2.JPG
PVS8.JPG
PVS3.JPG
PVS4.JPG
PVS5.JPG
PVS6.JPG
PVS7.JPG
PVS9.JPG
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Post by griffin »

GM Day in Sydney today, 24-4-16, at the new venue, the Museum of Fire at Penrith.

I was intending to take the Velox and Astronaut but after SWR I was a bit 'towed' out and available space at the new venue was unknown, so another Vauxhall went. As it turned out there would have been plenty of room and I would have been parked behind the grey FJ wagon, which much to Maurie's delight I'm sure, has acquired a colour matched Kennedy caravan. What an outfit! What more could you want? Briefly speaking with the owner it turns out he is waiting on a set of Hutchinson Dolly Wheels to arrive from Victoria so he will have the full outfit.
FJ wagon & Kennedy.jpg
FJ wagon rear.jpg
FJ wagon badge.jpg
FJ wagon accessories.jpg
The van has been beautifully restored, inside and out and I found the spare tyre mounting particularly of interest. It is slung underneath in front of the axle using part of an old wire/spring bed frame as a support with a wind/detritus deflector fixed in front of it.
Kennedy spare mount.jpg
I think I'd be a very happy camper with this lot in my ownership, seems the grass is always greener is it not!

And this sticker on the van window was appropriate too.
Kennedy sticker.jpg
George