Cars i have owned

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
reddo

Cars i have owned

Post by reddo »

Here is a pcture of an EJ Holden station wagon i bought a while back from a Hot rodder in Canberra.

Brakes where locked on when i went to collect it . We had to move it to the car float on 4 "shed skates".. then drag it up with the winch.
Had standard wheel on it when i got it. I stuck the mags on after i fixed the brakes.

Will add more pictures later.
Reddo
reddo

Re: Cars i have owned

Post by reddo »

Heres a couple more....
1953 A40 Ute .. living in the back shed now... waiting to be finshed off. Will make a great companion for my Teardrop. 8-)
Here ya go Richard.... an FJ ute that had a 4.4 alloy V* in it.... as well as a few chassis headaches
an EK wagon that didnt steer, stop or handle.
Oooops .. howd that get in here... Fastest Billycart at the 2008 Coledale open invitation Billycart derby :lol:
An EK standard station sedan.. these are rare. They where offered with no external chrome plating apart from the bumpers. Even the nice chrome EK dash was white.

A Hr wagon that "sunk" in the floods here in Newcastle back in 2007... poor old thing sat neglected for a year or so before i spotted it in a panel beaters yard. Give him credit though. He was smart enough to keep iyt registered. changed all the oils and started it every month or so along with a few pumps of the brakes.

Hardly vintage van towing material..... this is the everyday driver and old van rescuer. 1992 chev silverado .
Comfy as and gets ya interstate real quick.

HD ute with HR front. dedicated gas. I took this car to Mt Gambier via the Dandenongs towing a sunliner. 42 degrees and the old ute just purred all the way there and back. Starter motor pooped itself the day i got home :(

They make a lovely couiple dont they. 1939 Chev sloper / 1954 Bondwood van.
Chev never did get registered while i had it. I was always worried that i would have snapped an axle or blown the old girl up the way i drive.

Not too many of these made.. a windowless FE Holden Panel van. Took it on a caravan tour for a week and got about 10mpg to the gallon out of the 202 motor. It had a 250 falcon carb on it :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry:

Bought this off "lulu and Rohan" at Kempsey. What a little pocket rocket it was. Datto 1400 / 5 speed / disc brakes. Cruise at 110Kph all day.... Tradgically also got caught up in the Newcastle floods...
:roll: :cry:

Enough for now. More another night.

Reddo