Coffs Harbour Banana Bowl Caravan Park.

A Photo History of old Family Caravanning photos or just old photos of caravans.
Richard

Coffs Harbour Banana Bowl Caravan Park.

Post by Richard »

AAHHH they were the days.
Coffs Harbour.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Re: Coffs Harbour Banana Bowl Caravan Park.

Post by griffin »

Nice one Richard, those certainly seem to have been the days, all nice and basic and some nice big vans.

There's even a late 50s PA Vauxhall, top centre close to the water so someone was travelling in style :D

George
griffin

Post by griffin »

SNAP!!

Here's a coincidence, I've just been sent a couple of copies of Banana Bowl Caravan Park, Coffs Harbour postcards, this one is almost taken in the same spot a few years later.
Banana Bowl Caravan Park Coffs harbour c1963.jpg
The banana trees have gown a bit, the road has been extended to the right but the two big vans in the middle still seem to be there, on site overnight vans maybe? Interesting canopy on the Holden ute in the bottom right, and someone still travelling in style in a PA Vauxhall just above it. One could never say Holdens were not popular in the day though.

Then there is this one from the other side of the lagoon.
Banana Bowl Caravan Park CH.jpg
And rather oddly, the reverse shows the postcard was printed in Germany of all places.
Banana Bowl Caravan Park CH rear.jpg
Just in case these entice you to pack the van and head off for a Christmas break best look at the last image which shows the site as it is now.
banana bowl - opel cove.JPG
To use those famous words - Shame, Shame, Shame!

The images came from a chap who has a Facebook page running about old garages and other motoring bits, rego labels being one of interest to me. I might have to sign up to Facebook so I can access more of this stuff but have a look at Here

George
Richard

Post by Richard »

George. Sign up to Facebook. Whats going on? :lol: :lol:
I think the last time I stayed at the Banana Bowl was when I was around 14 or 15 just before I started work, and from then found my own independence. :) :)
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.