So many things do do

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
DC3TD

So many things do do

Post by DC3TD »

More time to do them now. Today at 10 AM i officially retired. Yay! Fifty one years is a pretty good slog i think, & i could`ve done a few more weeks till being 65 but elected not to.I started my first full time job at morning tea, meeting my new co-workers & i finished the same way all these years later. Time to smell fresh air. gordo
griffin

Re: So many things do do

Post by griffin »

Good luck Gordo,

Hope it's a long and rewarding retirement. From my experience though I've found I got more done on projects when I was working. I think I knew I only had a bit of time to get stuck in, now it's more a matter of I've got plenty of time but it gets used for other things.

And now that I don't pay tax I have to contribute by supporting local small businesses by doing coffee and lunch so that precious time slips away.

Stay healthy and enjoy it.

George
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Hello & thanks George. Yes, its going to be a whole new ball game.Hopefully it will all go in the right direction for me. gordo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Great work Gordon.
Dad always said after he retired "I dont know how I use to find the time to fit work in". :D :D
Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

:lol: Thanks Richard. Now about these unfinished projects of mine....which one first? :o gordo
griffin

Post by griffin »

Hi Gordon

A tow car is a good start, what about getting on with the Velox :?: ;)

George
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Hello George. Too right. Going to need some parts for the old girl. Radiator is a definate. One chrome wing top mold. Ordering new f/r windscreen rubbers from Melbourne after Christmas. Hopefully one of the major glass fitters can remove & refit without any dramas. Then some floor/door rust repairs in metal - no bog - can be attended to. The engine had a major rebuild back in 2006. Rebore/hone/crank linish/2nd hand pistons/ -020"bearings etc etc. So i reckon i`ll get it re done properly this time.As an aside ,have you seen the car in the Seniors card home page? ;)
gordo
griffin

Post by griffin »

Hi Gordo

Can't find a car on any of the Seniors sites I've checked, maybe you can give us a link?

Happy to help out with the Vauxhall bits, just give me a call.

George
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Hi George. Sent you an email. gordo