1929 Chev mobile home.

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
Richard

1929 Chev mobile home.

Post by Richard »

Mt brother in law found this old Chev truck on his travels, the mobile home body is in pritty poor shape but the truck is in very good condition. From memory I think this was advertised for sale about 2 or 3 years ago, dont know if it sold but It has a single door access on the passanger side and was originally clad in marine ply, altho it has had a few bits of tin put here and there.
If only this old girl could talk.
1929 Chev Mobile Home.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: 1929 Chev mobile home.

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard.

This truck was advertised with a lot of other old cars/trucks in a full page advert of Just Cars about 3 or 4 years ago.
All where "make and offer"... sydney region
I rang the seller and he said the bottom dollar was $6000. :shock:

I took one of my vans to "All Holden Day" at Clarendon ( Sydney) last year and a person approached me and described the truck to me. Turns out he was the owner and no one had approached him with an offer. He said the back was only good for use as a pattern.
Now that i have seen this picture i can see what he means.. But.. a pattern for what???
He said the truck alone was worth $6000.
I am not disputing that.... it might be..... but heck theres a lot of work to be done on the back 'alf.

Reddo