Dapto's Lakeline Drive-In

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
griffin

Dapto's Lakeline Drive-In

Post by griffin »

I ran across this leaflet the other day and thought it might bring back some memories for Richard. Looking at the movies on the programme though I think this is from well before his time, even as a teen attendee.
Dapto Lakeline Drive-In - outer-c.jpg
Dapto Lakeside Drive-In - inner-c.jpg
And look at the shows, Annette Funicello (what a babe) in a move 'not suitable for children' - can't imagine it. And Sandra Dee, another babe of the day, show cancelled. Can't say I've even heard of The Wild Angels with Peter Fonda and Nancy Sinatra, yeah another doll back then, and Zulu, Michael Caine when he was a lad and the wonderful Lionel Jeffries. I don't think I ever saw The Love Bug, don't recall why. I'll bet The Spy with a Cold Nose isn't a Bond film!

Just checking Mr. Google it turns out I was too young to be driving when this lot were on, 1964!!

I suppose the site is a shopping mall or housing estate now.

George
Richard

Re: Dapto's Lakeline Drive-In

Post by Richard »

Hi George.
The Spy with a Cold Nose. :?: :?: :?: :?: Dont know how they worked out he had a cold nose. :D :D
I DO remember the Lakeline Drive in, from memory it closed when I was about 18 or 19 and you are kind of right George, although it not a mall but it is an over 50's estate for transportable buildings. Thats over 50 for the residents and not the buildings. :lol: :lol:
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: Dapto's Lakeline Drive-In

Post by reddo »

Hi George and Richard...
Yep .. too young to hold a license and go to the drive in ..
However... I did see three of the four movies mentioned at "The Jewel" Theatre ( picture show if you wish )..
Didn't get to see.. Red Line 7000.... my rev head days where to come along later.

I think "The Wild Angels" scarred me for life.. I had a motorbike in 1964... It was a BSA 500 M20....I was 10 years old .. the bike weight 150kg and I weighed about 30kg!!

Lots of pleasant /romantic memories of Drive ins later in life when I discovered girls... got my license and saved up for my fist car .. A HD Panelvan.... Sin Bin.
Forgive me father... for I have sinned !!

Drive ins wheren,t drive ins when you owned a panno... They where a "Back In" ;)

Reddo