Cabarita Beach Long Weekend

This is the place to post a story and photos of your recent getaway in your Historic caravan.
Stephen4Julie

Cabarita Beach Long Weekend

Post by Stephen4Julie »

Hi All,
Cabarita Beach Australia Day long weekend started with a wet Friday night but turned on the charm on Saturday, great variety of vintage vans, great people and superb surroundings….here’s some pic’s

Cheers S&J
Richard

Re: Cabarita Beach Long Weekend

Post by Richard »

Hi Stephen4Julie.
Thanks for the photos, I am so glad the weather turned out nice after Friday was raining heavily. As a kid I remember those wet weekends away with mum and dad in the van, it wasnt fun.

I see that that Novacastrian bloke has snuck away again. :D :D
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: Cabarita Beach Long Weekend

Post by reddo »

Hi S&J
Yep.....
Had a great time. Good to catch up with some of the old mates and meet some new faces from SEQ and NENSW.
Rained for 8 or the 9 hour drive on the way up.. but when the weather was good .. it was very good.
Plenty of good times around the annexes and a nice meal Saturday night at "Martys restaurant"
A few goodies from the local junk/opp shops.

Just like to thank Rob and Cath for lending me a tarp to cover the TD . I took the wrong tarp for the TD away with me. :oops:
Also a big thanks to Clyde and Barb for the Javelin fish fillets ( Grunter bream) fresh from Burrum heads secret fishin spot.

"Meggsy" Sutcac got "sin binned" for chewing up one of the van parks pet scrub turkeys... :oops: Local vet had to put it to sleep... permanently. :roll: ;)

The holiday ended all too soon ... run into rain again at Kempsey on the way home.. 4 hours non stop rain the rest of the way home.
Panno used 4 litres of oil to go up and back :shock: .. so.... out comes the motor again. Rear crankshaft seal chewed up by damaged shaft. New crank being machined and balanced next week :x Everything that holds the motor in is nw held together with wing nuts for quick removal....this will be the 3rd time in a month it will be out of the car. :lol:

I look forward to catching up with some of the people that where at Cabarita again in a few months time on the Sutcacs Autumn Hinterland Tour.
See ya then
Reddo