Shellharbour getogether - October

Richard

Re: Shellharbour getogether - October

Post by Richard »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Richard wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Settle on... its no laughing matter. :roll:

Ok... in the past we have had auctions.. Annexe sales...Billy Cart Derbys .. etc.. etc.. to keep us occupied ... well at least between drinks.
Just sorting through gear to go in the van and was wandering if I should pack my fishing gear ??
Maybe throw down a challenge to outfish any other vintage vanner... between drinks. :lol:

Run a short comp on saaaayyyyyyyyyyyy Friday morning or arvo for a couple of hours 8-)
We only have to walk down to the water in front of the vans and throw a line in. No rock climbing or wading through waist deep water.. that is unless ya get "caught short" and have to take a pee in the ocean :oops:

Not too sure what the prize will be for the winner... maybe loser(s) shouts the winner drinks during happy hour :shock: ...
Please note:.. Tackle bags and boxes will be inspected at start of comp to ensure no "pre purchased " fish wrapped in newspaper is being smuggled into the comp....( damn :( why did I mention that :roll: gunna havta come up with another plan :idea: )

Also ... I still have the marconni clips and track off Matilda for sale. 8-) Haven't listed them on ebay or Gumtree as yet. Nor have I offered them to the canvas guy who modified my annexe. he was mad keen on them. trying to ensure they go to a vintage vanner ;)
Asking $100..... but happy hour discount price is $80. So if anyone is interested please reply here / send PM .. or phone me on 0401070541 if interested and I will pack them in the van for you.

See you all Thursday before lunch if car and van hold together for 4 hour trip.. :roll: :?: :o
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Change of plans. :cry:
I have to come back up to Newcastle on Friday to attend an 8 hour induction. Apparently my 13 1/2 years as a safety officer wasn't enough experience / training to make me competent to hold a stop/slow bat on the side of the road. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So.... I have contacted Jude and she has smoothed things over with the van park so I can land on my site on Wednesday instead of Thursday.
That way I can have a couple of days in Shellharbour and head back home Thursday evening. Get up and do the induction and drive back down Friday arvo/evening and stay through through till Monday morning.. sorta like two separate "mini holidays" 8-)

Up and down the highway like a damn yo yo :evil:

So.. I scampered around yesterday shopping and packing . Vans all ready to roll. Just have to check the tyres , oil and water in the EH and set sail...... Today.. Tuesday. 8-)
Probably get away mid morning . Cruise down Stanwall Tops and spend the night at Coledale ;)

Its currently blowing a 20knot sou easter and drizzling rain down that way .. so it should feel like the good old Coledale days .
Nothing that a yarn with the locals and a couple of cold beers at the Coledale RSL wont fix.

Might find time to go see if that little Bug Eyed Austin Healey Sprite is still in old mates shed at Thiroull too. :roll:

All good folks.....1/2 hour run south on Wednesday morning to "Party Central", so no rush to get out of bed early at Coledale...well... maybe I might have to ... Camping gear will be blown from one end of the park to the other :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....

See you all Wednesday... Thursday or Friday .. depending on what day you drop anchor at Shellharbour van park.. 8-)

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Looking very much forward to catching up, Thursday morning departure for us.
Rattcliffe looking forward to Uncle Reddos Smackos. :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

"Rattcliffe looking forward to Uncle Reddos Smackos. :D :D :D"

I don't share :P
The little garbage guts :shock: can bring his own .
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Struggle and reddo.
Any one going to shellharbour click HERE for the latest weather up dates.

The forecast looks better today as it was raining on Saturday. :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All
17 Vans ... not a bad effort.
As usual we had a great time catching up with old mates and meeting new ones..
Plenty of banter during happy hours .. and plenty of beers as well.
As usual.. weather was a 50/50 bet with warm mornings then gradually becoming very windy with the threat of rain every arvo.
Still a magnificent spot right on the beach with an easy stroll to the shops and cafes.
Plenty to see and do. Had a good look around the Motorlife Motor Museum at Kembla Grange.. what a great collection of vehicles.
All agreed we should head back to Shellharbour again next year.

Talk of having Christmas in July 2015 at Stockton Beach Caravan Park.... more on this later.

Uneventful 4 hour run home on Sunday...36 degrees along the highway. Car and Matilda handled it well.

Will post pictures later. 8-)
Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

G`day everyone,

Sorry we did not catch up on the way home Mr Reddo, wagon and supalite no worries but we fried,
4 stops to get fuel , have a bite to eat and cool off. By the time we got to the new expressway we were into a hot head wind. Still we had a good time and will always do our best to turn up if someone makes the effort to arrange a get together. Thanks Jude for your efforts. :D :D :D :D
Richard

Post by Richard »

For photos etc of this Shellharbour event go to the Getaway Album on the forum.
Cheers.