shed clean up leads to old girlfriend.

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
reddo

shed clean up leads to old girlfriend.

Post by reddo »

T'was going through some old photo albums down the shed today.. came across and old sepia ( brown and white ) photo of an old girlfriend from way back. Havent seen or heard from her in years :roll: ..
Turned the photo over and there was a contact number on the back ... followed by a string of... xoxoxoxox... yours forever. :oops:

Well folks.. I had completely forgotten about this old flame.. aaaaaahhh the memorys.. what about the time me n her ....
Oh .. no... no... no.. there is some things ya just cant publish.. to rude for farcebook..
Anywho.. I mustered up the courage to give her a call this arvo.. we are meeting tomorrow .. just for coffee .. that's all.... just for coffee OK.. 8-)

Will let you know how things go by the end of the weekend....
Oh bye the way... not a word to the missus OK... I don't think she would be very impressed if she finds out..

Yours sincerely... 21 again.. Reddo ;)
reddo

Re: shed clean up leads to old girlfriend.

Post by reddo »

So... Out of bed early Saturday morning..
Shine the shoes.
Make sure I have the part straight in my slick back hairdo 8-)
Find my best "Our Touring Past" T shirt.. ( hey .. am really trying to impress her ya know)
Get the tie straight..
Pants.. I am gunna need pants....dunno for how long ... but at least I will start the day with em on... nudge nudge.. wink wink... sssssaaaayyyy no more :shock:
Out to the car.. get her warmed up... lean over the neighbours fence and steal a nice bunch of flowers out of the garden... and orf I go...
I arrive at the young lass's address and she is on the footpath waiting for me...along with her mum and dad...... oooooohhh dear... things aren't working out quite the way I had planned.... :(

Hmmmmmm... must have something to do with the '64 Holden panelvan with a bed in the back... it use ta make dads and mums nervous back in the 70s... and apparently still does???

Stay cool .. stay cool...... Hello mum n dad.... I am here to pick up your daughter ..my ..my she hasn't changed one little bit since I last took her out in 2007.... and ... look at you mum... hotter than ever.. and dad.. well what can I say....... :roll: :roll: ... ummmm..... besides .. "trust me" :lol:

A bit of uneasiness about the whole goings on but soon enough me n the love of my life are off down the highway...
Called in at Chippydaves place to let him say g'day... keep ya hands off her!!! .. she's mine I tell ya.. all mine!!

A beer and a chit chat then back on the road...just me n me darling sailing along... We arrive at the Hawkesbury river rest area....when I gets a certain feel :rolling ......you know what I mean fellas...that certain "Movement" that takes over sometimes.......... so... of I trots to the kitty litter tray in the toilets for a tinkle...
I arrive back at the car and we check the oil and water together... its really getting romantic now aye folks...Oh my god...look at the way she handled that dipstick :shock:

I place the oily rag back behind the battery where it has lived since I bought the car early this year.. close the bonnet and off we go ...
About 500 metres up the road there is this almighty "Bang and a Hiss".. all three damage control lights come on the dash of the old EH.....Oil.. temp.. and ign.. all the cherries.
"Geez luv.. the car has broken down on this old bush track.. and... there's just the 2 of us...what are we gunna do :?: ;) ;) ;)

More later folks
reddo

Post by reddo »

The next bit...

The girlfriend bats her eyelids and says..."Your in the NRMA stupid.. ring em and tell em to send a tilt tray .. otherwise the dates off"

Oh yeah.. and just how do you expect to get home from here....??
"I will hitch up with the next car that comes by"
Oh dear .. I think she means it.
So.. 1 hour later a tilt tray arrives. Operator winches the panno up onto the cack of the TT .. and then insists the girlfriend rides back there too.. :shock:
Aaaaahhhh... teach her not to threaten me aye :lol:

So.. I pile up into the cab and orf we go.. I rang eldest son to meet us at Ourimbah rest area with a new fan belt and plenty of water.... stingy me had only taken out platinum cover with NRMA and that is only good for 50Klm tow distance.
So... all goes well with the meet up. Belt goes on water goes in the radiator.. start her up and all is good..
Son gives me the nod and a wink.. says the new love is "Hot".... I look back at her and she is looking a bit cheesed off after riding on the back of the tilt tray for 50K :oops: :roll: :( .. teach her to call me stupid... even if she is correct. :roll:

Anyway.. I smooth things over and before ya know it we arrive home.....Trish comes to the door .. and spots "The other woman"...

"Oh Reddo.. you have invited .. her .. back to live here .. come on in love .. I will make you a nice pot of tea.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Well blow me down folks.. that went off well aye..

So.. Trish insisted on her staying.. said she always liked her style 8-) .. and I am now living in a happy threesome..
Me.. Trish and...

And they all lived happily ever after......except for the rot in the hatch cover and the need for a good freshen up..... but I have .. forever after to get the jobs done 8-)

Reddoldgoldenbookstoryfromwayback
Richard

Post by Richard »

Aaarrrhhh Reddo. Couldnt see that one coming. :roll: :roll:
I knew the carport out the back wouldnt stay empty for too long.
Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard..

I have looked at a lot of vans since "Strugglebrook" took over custody of the Supalite "Old Blue"...
Some nice tidy vans out there at the moment Like Leannes van currently on ebay at Moruya.. a very tidy van at a good price an will sell if they just get in contact with her.

One of the boxes that needed to be "Ticked" on my search list was based on a comment made by John Daniels...
"Real vintage caravans have wooden windows"... that's when I realized most of the old vans I have had have had timber windows..
Matilda.... Rosie.. Old Blue.
So... when Matilda came up on ebay I had to be re-united.
As mentioned in an earlier post there is some work to do to get her shining ike a new pin... not to say that Jules and Burt didn't look after her... they did.. she had her own carport and was last on the road back at Cowra in 2012.
I am a great believer in using the vans... tours etc and if you are around the vans a lot you tend to notice things that need doing more often..m,ake a list.... and get straight on to tidying them up.
If they are left to sit.,... they have a habit of manifesting problems that sort of "grow" while you aren't watching.
I am a bit side tracked at the moment with the little TD I am building. I took that job on while I didn't have a vintage van... plan was to do it up and sell it to bolster the income... Now that Matilda is here I am considering selling the TD project on ebay to free up time to work on Matilda... hopefully make some inroads on refurbishment before shellharbour weekend..
Not sure what to do... I don't want to rush into it .. Matilda deserves a good make over 8-)

For now I guess I will just sit and pinch myself so I realize just how lucky I was to get her back ;)

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Well done Mate, Matilda needed to come home, she`ll look a million dollars all freshened up.
We are happy to be taking care of " Old Blue" :D :D :D