Gettin Lucky

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
reddo

Gettin Lucky

Post by reddo »

Yo..

Back on Thursday 13th march.. I got retrenched from work... doom and gloom... sort comfort in a few beers at "The finish line Hotel".. aka.. Hooterville.. aka.. Holmesville hotel...
On or about the 4th schooner they announced the members draw winner was number 108... .... sadness turned to joy... $900 in the sky rocket...more beer..

Fast forward to Thursday 24th july.. today.. 16 weeks after getting the arse from Downer EDI.. today was the day.. I should receive my first dole bludgers cheque for $428 ( 2 weeks pay... and hard earned I might add)... checked internet banking 3 times..Nothing.. nought.. zilch... BLOODY GUMMIMENT ..

So.. fired up newly historic plated 1969 BSA firebird and road around to the pub to do as before.. seek comfort in a few schooners...

Bought $5.00 worth of tickets in the stingey raffle.....stood out the front with the lads discussing all things BSA .. Norton .. trumpy etc..
Next thing ya know... Numbe.....
Number 34.. number 34...34 .. Number 34.. you are the winner of the members draw...Hmmm .. thinks not me.. I am 108

again ... number 34.. thinks again.. oh for Christ sake.. redraw it .. the dickhead aint here...!!
Then I here.. Glenn redman.. number 34....
does anyone know Glenn Redman??

Total silence.. it was about then I realized that the pub only knows me as "reddo".. so.. I saddle up to the sprewker and silently claim the $700.. promising a free schooner if he keeps his gob shut about "Reddo"...
Word got out that "The dickhead" was there... and I am now $700 richer.
108 was my number social club year,, my new number when I paid my $10 p.a, fees in March became 34 without me knowing !!!

By my reckoning I only have to win another $50,000 and my drinks bill is paid in full..

Wind the clock forward again.. another 15 mins or so.. "The dickhead" still floating around the ceiling after the $700 windfall wasn't watching his raffle ticket numbers. ".first prize ladies and gentleman number 84834 ( meat tray worth about $50 ) we'll call it three times and redraw it".. so I yell out ... "draw it again.. the dickhead has bought tickets and gone home!!"
They called it once.. they called it twice.. .. about now a mate says.. you must have it Reddo.. you got your tickets straight after me and I am 5 off..!!!
So.. the dickhead checks his numbers .. and I slithered over to collect the lamb tray... amidst much booing and hissing and a light shower of beer spray... a bombardment of abuse and soggy coasters..
Don't ya just love it when ya get lucky??

Wind the clock back to last Friday night...... I "D.Head" is at South West Rocks partying with the vintage caravan looneys......Meanwhile 300k south west... at or about 7.30pm the Holmesville Hotel "our gang " social club bike type people ( of which I am number 35 of 50) are drawing their lucky member draw during their raffle.... .progress prizemoney is currently at $50... "number 35.. are you here??"...

Naaaa that's Reddo.. and the dickhead is at south Wes........
ooooooooooooooooooo....Enough said.. :roll:
I better hurry up and buy a lottery ticket... waddya reckon :lol: ;)

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Re: Gettin Lucky

Post by Strugglebrook »

At times like this you should think of those less fortunate like your Strugglebrook Maaate.
Richard

Re: Gettin Lucky

Post by Richard »

Hi Reddo.
Just got off the phone to someone up your way, and I might be coming up sometime next week so I could bring that stuff with me.
While Iam there, how about a loan? ;) ;) ;)

Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.